Barber Motorsports PM 11/12/2011 Videos

Saltman

dude, if you dont mind, i say we post all the beginner vids in your thread to keep from starting new ones. I like to check out other riders vids and see if I made a cameo. I told you I got one with you in it from turn 12 to turn 4. I'll get it up soon. Here is one of mine. I'll update it once the others finish loading. But if you mind of course, I'll remove it...

I tried to be considerate of other riders and make clean passes myself. I witnessed a few close calls from other riders though... like at 1:18...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhAFZjBIccE

2nd afternoon session. Don't pay any attention to my lines the first couple of laps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbIAUyLhMag

3rd session after lunch riding with vinylsaurusrex.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Trm1bmWMk

dude

Yea thats cool Saltman dont mind at all. I had one close call myself in the part 2 vid second lap aront 3rd min or so (i think 3rd on the links i posted). A little too much throttle when i was coming out of that hard right after the alabama coaster or whatever they call it :) lost traction there for a moment but got it under control immediately and back on throttle.

I think i might have made someone mad myself by passing 1-2 times at the last moment but some of the bikes ot there got some power and not enough straightways for my 14 to pass them. Which reminds me i need to change out my leaned out cruisin map :) anyway i pass just cause lots of folks slow way down in the turns and i have to slam breaks mid turn some times. i dont really care to go fast in a straightways for any other reason. I am sorry if i ticked anyone off doing it. Anyway looot of folks did it to me in the morning so i figured its fair game ;)

dude

Some guy #2, where are your A vids? Been wanting to check them out!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

beac83

The photos of me aren't great because I'm not riding that great. The pics themselves are fine. The good thing is they show me what I need to work on for the next weekend.

dude

I was a bit stiff in the morning but the pm was really good and i got only vids to show for it. Only going straight shots and no corner action worth mentioning. They either took those @ the wrong time or took them from the wrong spot.

denbsteph

saltman:

After the 2 minute mark, you began to find your groove. Nice riding, looked like some pretty good lines you were holding. I was beginning to wonder where the CR's were, then they showed up about half way thru the vids.

Saltman

denbsteph;223417 wrote: saltman:

After the 2 minute mark, you began to find your groove. Nice riding, looked like some pretty good lines you were holding. I was beginning to wonder where the CR's were, then they showed up about half way thru the vids.
thanks denb!

Hey dude, I updated my post with one more. you appear in it at about the 5:40 mark

denbsteph

I wish I was there but I wasn't, commenting on the vid may have made it sound like I was there, I was putting parts on the bike, getting her ready. I'll see you in the upcoming season. I'll have a R6S that will have white Hotbodies, faster red fender and tank. My number will be 312. Can't wait!!!!

Saltman

denbsteph;223423 wrote: I wish I was there but I wasn't, commenting on the vid may have made it sound like I was there, I was putting parts on the bike, getting her ready. I'll see you in the upcoming season. I'll have a R6S that will have white Hotbodies, faster red fender and tank. My number will be 312. Can't wait!!!!
Lolololol. I was actually talking to dude. But I see how I made it sound like it was directed at you. But I'll look forward to seeing you on the track next season, denb.

dude

Nice riding salty and i was wondering who that was that passed me. The control rider was making me nervous the way he pulled right next to me in the 2-nd and kept going ... I mean its only my 2-day doing this trackday thing so i dont like sh*t like this. I kept peeking at him and looking out for him and looking out for the road. Slowed down my entire turn with this bull he pulled.

denbsteph

Oh hell, I see you were talking to Dude Dude, not making reference to Dude as in " Hey Dude", my bust. Either way, I'll see you out there on the track saltman and Dude as in Dude......Dude....I think.

nodakgus

stow;223371 wrote: Wow, that would be a bad pass even in the advanced group. Someone needs a good talking to.
That was me who got passed at the 1:18 mark. I am glad I was riding off-pace and had time to veer right. Talk about taking one's line away...I was not a little pissed that someone would do that!

Steve

Tdub

nodakgus;223533 wrote: That was me who got passed at the 1:18 mark. I am glad I was riding off-pace and had time to veer right. Talk about taking one's line away...I was not a little pissed that someone would do that!

Steve
Maybe he was thinking, "what the hell is this guy doing on the line lolly gaggin along".

nodakgus

Tdub;223537 wrote: Maybe he was thinking, "what the hell is this guy doing on the line lolly gaggin along".
I was riding off my normal pace not the beginner group avg. pace. Even so, that does not justify cutting off a rider in a corner. Was that you who made the pass?