Barber October 11/12 Roll-Call

mig1221

I'll be there both days. This will be my first NESBA experience although I've done numerous trackdays with other orgs. I'm coming in from Knoxville, my bro-in-law is coming in from MN! Looking forward to it. I haven't done a trackday since April

zangman

I'm in for Sunday and Monday so far. Sat sold out on me a day before I was signing up. Crapola. Hopefully I can get ahold of one!

mr.croom

Is there any spots left in the Novice group? I cant view it since I've already registered..............

ColeLT1

I got the email about the "I" Skills Enhancement on the Monday, I really wish I could do it, but just started a new job and burned up my vacation days on MotoGP in indy this past weekend. PLEASE have another one early next year :)

ColeLT1

m.wadsworth;16391 wrote: I had a spot for Saturday but traded it for the skill enhancement on Monday the 13th.
That's exactly what I would do if I had the ability to have Monday off, and if I had my own truck instead of splitting gas with a friend.

ZOOK131

Does Barber have a QUIET time like RD ATL does on Sunday morning.....if so can someone plzzz verify that time period. Thanx

smack28752

mr.croom;16212 wrote: Is there any spots left in the Novice group? I cant view it since I've already registered..............
Mr. Croom,

There is space in the intro class for Barber on Sunday, 10/12 only. Saturday is full.

JRA

ZOOK131;16520 wrote: Does Barber have a QUIET time like RD ATL does on Sunday morning.....if so can someone plzzz verify that time period. Thanx
Quiet time is from 11:00 am to noon on Sunday.

soxxerms

glad for all those i met and came out on saturday. for those that had wrecks i sure hope you are ok and things will be ok for you and your bike. i did not know who had wrecks.

there was one guy i did talk to with brightly colored bike on the upper deck that had some plastic melting on his headers that low sided in turn 12 towards the end of the day i did not see him later to see if he was ok or not.

and those that went down in before lunch my prayers to you.

this was a very hugh freaking turn out.

45 bikes in I group. ouch.

i have tire issues and was hoping to turn better times and didnt b/c of mental block and scared i was going to spin out again and wreck. so i kept it cautious.

but for 1st time back on the track since my wreck 6 wks ago i was very happy for what i turned and came home the way i arrived. in tacked.

we did have a guy in our group from jackson that lost his drain bolt in turn one so we are all making adjustments to wire off our stuff.. either way.

any thanks dj i know u had to do what you had to do and thats part of the business.

ColeLT1

Had a blast, sucks that Charles had his drain bolt come out, I almost went down right behind him in his oil. Had a great day (first time in I and first time on my new bike) started out 1:50s for the first 2 sessions, then picked it up to consistent 1:44-1:45s, then the last few sessions start putting down 1:43s and 2nd to last session got 2 1:42's with a best of 1:42.07.

I had an issue with my bike "pushing" and it felt like it was not "digging in" to the turn like my RC51 did, so right before the last session Steve McClintock put 1mm of height into my rear shock, noticeable different, keep in mind my bike was setup for Greg Melka (I would guess 175lbs? and I am 240-250), but I was late getting out, and was deep in traffic, but I put down 1:43 in traffic, really felt like I could of gotten into the 1:41s but the session cut short because of another red flag.

Had some friends there taking pics, here are some of my favs (and I will post my vids to my youtube this week) :

NESBA%20Trackday%20462.jpg

NESBA%20Trackday%20463.jpg

NESBA%20Trackday%20464.jpg

NESBA%20Trackday%20619.jpg

macdojoh

soxxerms;20586 wrote:
there was one guy i did talk to with brightly colored bike on the upper deck that had some plastic melting on his headers that low sided in turn 12 towards the end of the day i did not see him later to see if he was ok or not.
Yeah I made it fine, just scuffed pride and equipment. So much for just cruzing around the track easy for the last session. I ran a little wide for various reasons and went off course and the grass/dirt deceied to throw me this time :argh: . Thanks for the concern. Had a good time. Sorry to be part of the carnage all day.

ColeLT1

macdojoh;20595 wrote: Yeah I made it fine, just scuffed pride and equipment. So much for just cruzing around the track easy for the last session. I ran a little wide for various reasons and went off course and the grass/dirt deceied to throw me this time :argh: . Thanks for the concern. Had a good time. Sorry to be part of the carnage all day.
I got some of it on video. I saw you rolling but camera did not pick you up until you jumped up and ran out of the race line, was really happy to see you get up on your feet.

macdojoh

ColeLT1;20596 wrote: I got some of it on video. I saw you rolling but camera did not pick you up until you jumped up and ran out of the race line, was really happy to see you get up on your feet.
Me too.

You mind if I get a copy?

Yeah not sure how fast I was going but it wasn't bad at all, just unexpected. :banghead: