Barber private events question

tcbonline

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me asking a newbie question...

Can you tell me if events listed on the Barber Motorsports Calendar as "private event", such as the NESBA events and the SportBike track time events, are open to spectators?

I assume that wives/girlfriends, hanger-ons, etc are allowed in with the riders, but can joe blow guy off the street just show up and watch the "races"?

Thanks for any info.
TCB

maine11204

I'm not 100% sure but I'm gonna go with no on that one. I had trouble getting in just to drop my bike off. But I think thats a good thing. Its impossible for them to keep track of everyone who is coming and going, this "joe" you speak of could easily slip out with someones bike. But again I'm not 100% sure, I know someone will chime in soon and give you the right answer.

smack28752

At Barber, friends of the riders can get in the gates but they must sign in, sign a waiver and get a wristband to be let in to the facilities. At least that was the way it was at the NESBA day I attended in April!

tcbonline

Yeah thanks for the replies, guys. The question is really for myself. I'm not a rider. I actually don't know any riders. At least so far, I'm just an interested spectator. As of late, I've become increasingly interested in sport bikes and the idea of track days really intrigues me.

I live in Birmingham, so I thought it would be cool to just be able to show up and watch how the "amateurs" do things, and see what the whole track days thing is all about first hand. Maybe I should just call Barbers before one of the events and see what my options are. At least you guys will have one fan out there cheering you on! :)

smack28752

Hey TCB, sounds great that you are interested in the whole track experience. Definitely come on out and see what it is all about. NESBA has a terrific group of people and you will enjoy yourself. Go the NESBA link above and you can download our manual and get an idea about how our day goes. Contact Barber just to make sure and come on over.

I will be there in September 27 & 28. Come by and say hello.

toysallround

For NESBA and STT, events, you will have to sign in at the Credentials/ Porsche, building and get a wrist band. At the STT events you will pay a $5 fee per day. You will not have to pay at the NESBA event.

Come on out and see what is going on. Being from Birmingham too, I'll warn you ahead of time, it will be hard to resist the temptation of one of the nations best tracks just minutes from the house. Start saving now!!!!!

maine11204

You should come out, its a lot of fun to watch espeically on top of the tower. And i'm always looking for someone to talk to inbetween my sessions. I'll be there the 27th & 28th as well.

MotorSWATCop

If nothing else, you can park by the museum and watch the Alabama Roller-Coaster. That's turn 8 and is a tight R-hand downhiller:congrats: You don't have to pay to get there.

maine11204

They charged me $10 to get in last time I was there! But yea, that is a great spot to watch some of the action. I stopped looking around the museum and just watched that turn for about 20mins.