Barber was a blast!

Saltman

Just rode Saturday but it was great to start the track season off with my fellow nesbians. It was great meeting all the different people and the weather couldn't have been better Saturday. :cool: Big thanks to Shane and Taylor for the feedback and tips to get better (I.e. faster). Had an awesome time trying to keep up with you guys. :haha: Watching the videos i got of you both really helps with what we talked about. :doh: :idea: I'll get there, slowly but surely. Chuck told me that my forks definitely need to be revalved and refreshed and they will ride so much better (should've done it during the off season but I was too lazy to touch the bike). But now I'm gonna go ahead and take care of that and I'll see you guys at Road Atlanta! Thanks for the great day/weekend NESBA!

zeenaw

was great time for me as well, the track is awesome!
Frankly speaking I almost got there on the lines up to the first S (I believe turn number 11), and still have to understand the second half of the track.
I was in the Intermediate and got a couple of brilliant hints from the CRs
now looking forward to coming back there and to seeing you at RA end of june!

zino

Saltman

That's great Zino! I saw your canopy but you weren't there at the time. I'll look for you at Road Atlanta

zeenaw

Saltman;238377 wrote: I'll look for you at Road Atlanta
:agree: I just booked for Sat 23 June at Road Atlanta indeed

I'm going back to Barber on the 29th this month with STT :)

Taylorr6

Hey Saltman, it was good to meet you, and I enjoyed talking with you. Man no B.S. get Chuck from P.C. to fresh'n up your forks, he can make your bike easier to ride and it will clean up the corner exit issues. Had a great time riding with you and look forward to doing again soon. Glad you had fun.

steph1000

We had so much fun too!thx to all for putting on such a great event! Well drove 22 hours from canada and we are ready to do it again:)

physicistkev

Control Rider
Barber was a blast as usual. The weather was near perfect and we had very little drama. I spent a good portion of the weekend giving a tow to Patrick, the Swed that was pitted next to me, which actually helped me pick up some time, so that was a win win for me. Got to meet the crazy canadiens, what a great bunch of characters. Saw Derrick on/at the track again, that was cool, and DJ got everyone a present.. something about a loaner credit card or whatever.

I attempted to launch myself in the second session, 3rd lap on Saturday coming out of 5, but managed to stay on, I'm not sure how I did, but I made it through with just an elevated heart rate (the video will be up soon). There was a Repsol painted bike, 139 or 136??????? (A group) something along those lines that was behind Patrick on a Yellow R1, when I almost highsided, if you caught that on camera I would appreciate a copy of it.

All in all, a great weekend at the track.

Southerly

It was a blast indeed. After the better part of a year without being on the track I was a bit worried as to whether would feel comfortable again. I figured I would take it really easy for the first few sessions. That didn't work out very well, as on the second lap it was back (as much as it ever was for me).

I want to thank the CRs who gave me a tow and advice. I tried to follow most of it, but the bit about not being afraid of the oil spill area was a struggle. Derrick gave me some good advice when we were talking Saturday night, particularly about carrying more speed into turn 1. I want to thank Taylor for the tow and encouragement. It is always great having a chance to chat with you. I am bad with names, so I can't list the other CRs who helped out by name, but thanks anyway.

After two days on the track, I have aches on top of the pain, but as someone said, it is a good pain. Is anyone else walking funny today?

sheepofblue

Yep the oil area was interesting. No one seemed to trust it so there was some interesting paces and speeds coming into 5. After a while I was skiddish coming into 5 because I was unsure of others (and a bit of the cleanup myself :eek:)

Mr.DJ

physicistkev;238436 wrote: ..... Saw Derrick on/at the track again, that was cool, and DJ got everyone a present.. something about a loaner credit card or whatever.

Man, I was dialing Papa John's # when the owner claimed his card. If he wasn't on a pit bike, it would have bee double cheese for everyone by the time he found Calvin :D