Barber was AMAZING Birmingham SUCKED

Busadan

My track day at Barber was all I hoped it would be. Great fun and no crashes. Monday morning my bike was stolen from the parking lot of the Embassy Suites Hotel. Barber was AMAZING. Birmingham SUCKED. Knocked out the passenger window of my truck.Got my bike and all my gear. Leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, back protector, and the chest protector Nick was kind enough to loan me. Going be bikeless for a while. Oh yea, my 40 cal semi-auto was also stolen.:argh:

dbarufaldi

Busadan;238518 wrote: My track day at Barber was all I hoped it would be. Great fun and no crashes. Monday morning my bike was stolen from the parking lot of the Embassy Suites Hotel. Barber was AMAZING. Birmingham SUCKED. Knocked out the passenger window of my truck.Got my bike and all my gear. Leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, back protector, and the chest protector Nick was kind enough to loan me. Going be bikeless for a while. Oh yea, my 40 cal semi-auto was also stolen.:argh:
Dude - that blows. Cops have any leads/people of interest? Just what we need - another criminal, now with a gun in his hand. Mean people suck.

Dan B

Meat

That REALLY sucks!!! Birmingham has had a very serious crime issue in the last few years.

That just sucks so bad!! Good to know for future since I had actually planned staying in Birmingham Sunday night and driving home Monday. ( until work made me leave early)

some guy #2

Sucks! I usually never worry about my stuff while at the track but I definitely keep an eye on everything at the motel's. Hope they get some of your stuff back. Damn that really blows.

Meat

Meat;238522 wrote: Birmingham has had a very serious crime issue in the last few years.
After looking into the crime stats for Birmingham, I guess they have had a very high crime rate for some time. They have over 8 times the crime rate compared to the national average, according to city data.

I am so sorry about all your stuff being stolen but I really appreciate you telling us. I will be much more careful when staying outside the track in Birmingham.

Relic

Wow! That's bad, Dude. Like Meat said, thanks for posting. Every time I can, I get basic liability insurance for my bike (not comprehensive, too expensive or not available, but basic). It's very cheap and covers theft. Was this a locked, enclosed trailer the thieves broke into? Or was this an open trailer?

sheepofblue

Did the Embassy have cameras in the parking lot?

Sorry to here you got hit and I hope the cops are able to grab the scum

Saltman

sheepofblue;238538 wrote: Did the Embassy have cameras in the parking lot?

Sorry to here you got hit and I hope the cops are able to grab the scum
Doubtful. Embassy suites is not as nice as it used to be. I'm really sorry to hear that OP. Hopefully they'll find the culprits. I'll keep an eye out on CL, since I scan that usually once a day to see what's listed in the Bike section. What were you riding? Street or fully tracked out? For future reference, it's better to stay closer to the Leeds area or Hoover. I'm really surprised though that they got you at Embassey since it's kind of off the beaten path. I suspect someone may have followed you there if you stopped for a bite to eat along the way. Hope you get it back.

Busadan

Bike was in the bed of my truck. Never again without an enclosed trailer. Bike was an 09 Hayabusa. Only Busa on the track.l LOL

Mike@PCW

Busadan;238554 wrote: Bike was in the bed of my truck. Never again without an enclosed trailer. Bike was an 09 Hayabusa. Only Busa on the track.l LOL
The beautiful white and blue one???:eek: Very sorry to hear.

Saltman

Busadan;238554 wrote: Bike was in the bed of my truck. Never again without an enclosed trailer. Bike was an 09 Hayabusa. Only Busa on the track.l LOL
Aww man. I'll keep on the lookout

Ruhe52

What a shame. B Ham is pretty bad. Now the big question Why did you not have your sidearm with you?????????????????
Locked in a cargo trailer is not an iron clad obstacle to some shit bag taking your stuff. You know just taking someones shit is the lowest crime. At that stage you are not really even respected in crime circles.
Frankly got to admire a stock scam or a well set up Ponzi as it takes some brains and balls, but some ass bag that just takes your hard earned when you are getting some ZZZZs. Low life.

Just trust that there is a cosmic balance to the universe and that dickhead will get his. Yeah he will paint it and be riding through an intersection and blam. Balance restored!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thieving dickhead, dirtbag scum %&&#^&@))%U$*@&%$#(&*$^@%#%#*(&*&@$&%^&(()@)@^$

Sorry for your loss. Hope your insurance does not give you a run around. best of luck.

Nice looking bike by the way. Compliments at this point probably sting.

Mr.DJ

Yea man, Cal and I were standing on the wall saying you will have a blast at Road Atlanta.

slow lean into T7. pick up and ...... "Ahhhhhh .... BUSA!!!!!"

Really sorry to hear this.

noobinacan

sorry to hear...and that sucks ^
but enclosed trailer don't make them any safer...but in a way easier, hook up the trailer and take off.
will definitely be more careful in that area next time.

IMO, on that note, if people would stop buying bikes with bill of sale...it will stop feeding the theft industry.
because there are people out there who will buy bikes /scooters/trailers with bill of sale.

Of all the processes and paperwork, there is no such situation that a vehicle is without a title or MSO.

BiggsRR07

That sucks. Sorry to hear man. Thats also scary for me because I will be headed to Barber soon and I'll be staying at a hotel. Kinda making me reconsider and just tough it out in my car for the night.

BiggsRR07

noobinacan;238628 wrote: sorry to hear...and that sucks ^
but enclosed trailer don't make them any safer...but in a way easier, hook up the trailer and take off.
will definitely be more careful in that area next time.

IMO, on that note, if people would stop buying bikes with bill of sale...it will stop feeding the theft industry.
because there are people out there who will buy bikes /scooters/trailers with bill of sale.

Of all the processes and paperwork, there is no such situation that a vehicle is without a title or MSO.
Unfortunately that will do nothing to slow it down. If people stopped buying bikes with bill of sale then you'll just see more bikes being parted out. Hell, you make more money parting a bike out than selling it whole so it would actually work out better for crooks. People will always find a loophole. All you need is a clean title frame and you can steal a bike and swap out the frame and now you have a bike that's technically yours even tho all you legally own is the frame and everything else is stolen.