Barber was AMAZING Birmingham SUCKED

bike428

Mr.DJ;238623 wrote: Yea man, Cal and I were standing on the wall saying you will have a blast at Road Atlanta.

slow lean into T7. pick up and ...... "Ahhhhhh .... BUSA!!!!!
"

Really sorry to hear this.
:agree:

Yeah man, as soon as DJ saw the post he asked me (hoped it wasn't) if it was you. Sorry to hear the news. I hope they catch the fools that did this and can return your stuff in the same condition it was in before these clowns took it. Good luck.

noobinacan

BiggsRR07;238652 wrote: Unfortunately that will do nothing to slow it down. If people stopped buying bikes with bill of sale then you'll just see more bikes being parted out. Hell, you make more money parting a bike out than selling it whole so it would actually work out better for crooks. People will always find a loophole. All you need is a clean title frame and you can steal a bike and swap out the frame and now you have a bike that's technically yours even tho all you legally own is the frame and everything else is stolen.
I disagree...it will help. any obstacle will help.
It won't eradicate theft completely, but now the crooks will have to work harder on selling it. and work even harder trying to partout. all of a sudden, its not worth the hassle to them.

where do all the stolen trailers go ? get parted out ?
supply and demand 101.

JRA

BiggsRR07;238652 wrote: Unfortunately that will do nothing to slow it down. If people stopped buying bikes with bill of sale then you'll just see more bikes being parted out. Hell, you make more money parting a bike out than selling it whole so it would actually work out better for crooks. People will always find a loophole. All you need is a clean title frame and you can steal a bike and swap out the frame and now you have a bike that's technically yours even tho all you legally own is the frame and everything else is stolen.
Stolen bikes get parted out anyway...that's why people steal them in the first place.The frames get junked, or cut up and sold for scrap, and the rest of the parts are sold. Bill of sale bikes are rarely stolen. There are several legitimate reasons why a bike gets sold without a title, and it being stolen is definitely the least likely.

Just my .02 on that.

Sorry your bike got stolen Busadan. Where is the hotel where you were staying?

BiggsRR07

noobinacan;238655 wrote: I disagree...it will help. any obstacle will help.
It won't eradicate theft completely, but now the crooks will have to work harder on selling it. and work even harder trying to partout. all of a sudden, its not worth the hassle to them.

where do all the stolen trailers go ? get parted out ?
supply and demand 101.
Granted, a lot of steps are taken to deter theft but anything short of keeping you bike in fort knox it can still get stolen. It doesn't matter if they have to "work harder" to part it out. Its being done anyways. Weather or not people stop buying bikes with only a bill of sale will only add to the "deterrent" list but it'll still happen. People with lojack still get their bikes stolen. Some get it back, some don't but it won't stop a theif from taking it and everyone knows about lojack and theives know they risk taking a bike that may or may not have lojack installed but they take the risk anyways. Even if the bike didn't have any type of security they still risk grand theft auto by taking it so whats the big deal if they can't get it sold with a bill of sale? A lot of parts can't be traced besides the engine and frame so in reality its safer and more profitable for a thief to part it out or it will get used as a track bike. The only real "hassle" is stealing it and not getting caught during the process. Anything they have to do to sell the bike or parts is easy money for them.

My very first bike I installed an alarm on it with a perimeter sensor, motion sensor, ignition kill that I had wired to the fuel line to cut the fuel instead of the ignition, and a paging remote that alerted me if the alarm went off. If anything, it attracted MORE attention to my bike. Somehow people were fascinated with the motion sensor and always played with it, waving their arms and making it go off, kids used to play ring around the rosey with it, and my pager constantly went off. The damn thing made my bike the center of attention everywhere I parked it. Still with all that nothing will prevent two guys from picking it up and throwing it in the back of a truck an driving off in a matter of seconds.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
noobinacan;238628 wrote:

IMO, on that note, if people would stop buying bikes with bill of sale...it will stop feeding the theft industry.
because there are people out there who will buy bikes /scooters/trailers with bill of sale.

Of all the processes and paperwork, there is no such situation that a vehicle is without a title or MSO.
actually in Virginia there is, after a bike has been in a bad wreck they determine it a Non-repairable in which case the dmv wont issue a tittle. the Ins. co. will then sell it with a bill of sale. (don't know how the dmv determines a non-repairable as I've seen bikes that just need a clip on in this category)

To the OP sorry to hear about this.

worldrider929

Really sorry to hear about this.

I always ask about surveillance cameras as I am checking into the hotel the night before a track day. I was always somewhat reassured when the hotel confirmed that security cameras where trained on the parking area.

. . . not anymore.

Thanks for the education.

Again, really sorry to hear this.

Busadan

[QUOTE=
Sorry your bike got stolen Busadan. Where is the hotel where you were staying?
Embassy Suites in Birmingham

PICS OF YOU

N2 Photographer
Hey Dan SORRY to hear about your bike getting stolen. Here is a photo to let evryone know what your bike looks like. GOD I hope this is yours!!!!!! Its a Bussa. If its NOT you PLEASE let me know so I can delete it ASAP or everyone gonna hassle this poor guy!

KIT4758-M.jpg