Bazzaz or Starlane quickshifter?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I have a Bazzaz QS-4 on my 06 GSXR-600.

Install was easy and it works very well.

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
ninjamansc;151835 wrote: Definitely Bazzaz. Installation was a breeze and their customer service is top-notch.
Curious... did you ever use a Starlane to base the "definitely Bazzaz" reply ?

I have a Starlane and it was very easy to install, never failed, and Fred at Yoyodyne answered any question I had.

Don't have any experience with Bazzaz, but I assume they work very well too.

jfeagin

Thinking about getting a QS, myself. Need all the help I can get! Anyway, I've heard lots of good things about Bazzazz. Haven't really heard anything about Starlane, but I know they've been around a while. Gotta be something to that.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Both are probably great products....choice probalby comes down to price and availability.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
rugbymook;151841 wrote: Curious... did you ever use a Starlane to base the "definitely Bazzaz" reply ?

I have a Starlane and it was very easy to install, never failed, and Fred at Yoyodyne answered any question I had.

I had their stealth gps lap timer a couple years ago and could never get it to work right. Kinda made me not like Starlane. Didn't buy it through Yoyodyne, but if I had, maybe it would've influenced me towards their QS.

I chose Bazzaz, liked it, and would recommend it to anyone. Got no gripes whatsoever against Yoyodyne.

alocker

I have the Bazzaz and it works great with the factory set kill times. I like that the linkage switch is compact and the wiring is easy to connect.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
D-Zum;151827 wrote: I have a Bazzaz QS-4 on my 06 GSXR-600.

Install was easy and it works very well.

I the Bazzaz on my 06 GSXR 600 as well...work great :cool:

snikwad

is the starlane available as a standalone like the Bazzazz QS4?
i cant seem to find any info on it.
what do they cost.

RyanITV

Admin
+1 - I've used them on a bunch of bikes over the past 4 years. Easy install, standalone unit and Fred's great to deal with.

Ryan

rugbymook;151841 wrote: Curious... did you ever use a Starlane to base the "definitely Bazzaz" reply ?

cbryan

I just put an ignition module and a Dynojet quickshifter on my 2008 cbr 600rr. Seems to work great.

snikwad

contacted Fred, the starlans costs more. do a google shopping search for the bazzazz. the price has come down a bit, and its more than $100 difference. Thats said, the starlane site said that bad boy is 100% universal and can be used to shift up AND down if you desire.
Those 2 reasons alone make it worth the extra i think.
Fred didnt answer me about if i have to splice wires for the starlane, but i dont believe thats the case with the bazzazz.