BeaveRun 10/18-10/19

dc5rn

Im sad to see it end, but what an awesome weekend... Minus the fact that it was cold as hell both days...i cant wait for next year...

Pascal, thanks for working with me on saturday... i took it with me on sunday and i felt 100% better then i did saturday...

Dave and Will thanks for trying to work with me in the afternoon session... Will, i really liked those lines you were riding when i was behind you...it helped me get through turns 5-7 (my weak spot)...

And to all the other CRs, you guys did a great job...

Chris (from NESBA tire trailer), many thanks for figuring out what was wrong with my bike from the morning session... i was happy that you were able to figure out what the hell was wrong with it... its going to be a great winter project.

kd83

Big thanks to all the CR's at beaver this weekend, running with you guys makes it a lot of fun and you can learn a wealth of knowledge.

Lenny thanks for the feedback and helping me out the last 2 session

Will, i can't thank you enough for the help on saturday. I learned a lot from you this weekend from the talks and following you around. My eyes really opened up following you around and the line you were taking. It was great taking what you said and putting it into practice and feeling the difference. By the 6th session of the day i felt like i was flying and even my gf who was just watching said it seemed like i was really making my way around the track.

I think i just need to work on my consistency and get out to the track more, but for only being my 2nd track day i am very happy with my progression.

stan.riner

I made it up to Beave to ride on Sunday. I had a few issues to fix on my bike on Saturday that had I not got them worked out, I would have been sitting at home on Sunday. My whole year this year has been like that. :banghead:

I do know one thing though. It's that in motorcycling (dirt bikes, roadracing, track days, street rides, whatever ), it's that there's only one certainty.

That certainty is that you'll always meet the nicest people that will go out of their way to help you out or even to just say hi.

Thanks NESBA!

By the way, the Beave is a fun little track. I had a good time riding too.

And also, I didn't crash, does that mean I won? :third:

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
I had a gret time as usual - even though i was suffering a sore throat and nagging cough.

Stan. Great meeting you. Way to represent the left coast. (i'm really just being nice to you so i'd have a place to crash when i bum it through Hawaii) See you at some AMA events next year i'm sure.

My "I" peeps. There was some very nice riding out there despite the cold weather. Those first few sessions i was actually hoping you wacko's would pull in early since my fingers were numb by lap 5........... but noooooooo, you had to soldier on. Cooney and I actually were going to bribe "Starter Mike" with some cash to flag the I sessions in after 12 minutes.... :) Way to tough out the conditions and ride smart. There were a few guys going down, but luckily injuries were minor or non-existant. Turn 1 was collecting it's fair share of Yamaha's however.

PJ. It was great to see you get back on the bike after your lowside. That's the best thing you can do in situations like yours. I know you were upset about it and we all know crashing sucks, but as long as you learned something from it you'll be much better off. It would've sucked to finish the season with your last memory being a long slide and tumble.

Cooney and Morph. Pleasure CR'ing with you guys.

Beth. Again, mad props for the 2nd best meatballs ever.

Todd. Way to TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF with the fire. I know i must have angered the fire gods by the way the smoke was following my every move.

Buck. Crimson = Red. That is all.

I've met quite a few more NESBA bbs folks this past weekend. Fo rme to try to name them all i'm sure i'd forget a few and feel bad about it. I'll see you guys next season more often.

Pascal

absolutely a nice weekend out there! Great seeing everyone!

BJ - great riding with you, great to hear you had a good time! I'll see you out there next year!

Dave561

Control Rider
Had a great weekend at the Beav as well. You guys were riding well, but like Scott said don't be afraid to pull in early on those cold mornings. Brrrr. I may need to get some heated grips.

kd83

Pascal glad we didn't have the hill talk this time, also thanks for explaining more about letting the bike drift out. Worked with will on this and made a big difference

Rogue.

Had a great weekend!

The cold was definitely messing with my mind, but big thanks to Morph for letting me use his tire warmers on Day 2.

Good meeting a lot of the CR's too. Cooney -- Thanks for your help thoughout the weekend! The line you showed made the track flow a lot more smoothly for me.

Clarus

I ended up calling in sick today... The cold weather + sleeping in a tent mixed with way too much fun means I'll have to spend a whole day lounging around cleaning all of the beer out of the fridge. :)

Thanks for a great weekend Nesba.
Stan it was great getting to meet you. See if you can drag yourself up for NJMSP.

Scott, thanks for the pointers on T7.
Morph, sometimes the best advice is really that simple. "You just have to go faster."

smorourke

Thanks Lenny (and everyone else)!

Lenny - thanks for all the help - especially on Sunday! Both Mike and I finally figured out that foot positioning on Sunday. Now I only have to work on the other 105 things to get faster. I still hate turn #1 and after I saw the pictures, I know why - downhill to the left. The only other thing that can be added to that equation to make me hate that even more would be my ex-wife sitting track side at the bottom. Anyway, I need to figure that out next BeaveRun weekend next spring.

I promise to "Wring the Sh*t out of that 80 HP Ducati" this Friday at Summit.

Once again - NESBA did a great job and we met some cool folks - just like usual. Thanks everyone!

Cooney

Had a blast this weekend despite the cold weather in the morning.

Rosey & Morph - Great times in the I class CR'ing. Rosey had me laughing all weekend as well as his comments on the board today! Your getting me in a lot of trouble over the meatballs.

Sarah- Hope you make it back to Beaver next year to master it. Not bad at all for your first time there.

PJ - Glad you didn't quit and got back out there! What a way to end the year with your last session.

Thanks to all the I riders for an enjoyable weekend.

Todd & Buck - Glad you had the heaters this weekend! They put out a very warm crimson flame all night.

Lenny - Stay away from my meatballs, punk!

I'm out, looking forward to next year with a new bike. So someone please take that R1 off my hands!

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
I had a great time as usual at the Beave! It was just a little cold but that didn't bother me too much:argh:

Kyle it was good to see that you really started to pick it up! Your lines were very good and steady. Just remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, but your putting it together in a nice steady pace so keep up the good work!;)

Scott, you and Mike really started to get the foot position and body position down! I just wish you guys could have stayed for the last session, there were 5 riders! that was a truly 1-on1 session! As far as Hp goes, sometimes you just have to wring the sh%t out of it!
Scott, I suggest you get the 1098 like Mike has!:wow:

"Lenny - Stay away from my meatballs, punk!"

Beth saved a few for me and you ate them ALL!:nutkick: But I still got the LAST ONE! Stck to moms meatballs because you told Beth you like them better!....LOL!

I'll C/U folks at the track!

smorourke

Mike can thank me for that 1098 - I bought his old 999 off him so he could upgrade. That 1098 is a little too nice to crash. Trust me - the 999 will be a perm. track bike this this time next year. Thanks again!

PJZOCC624

Man it was great fun on Saturday! Sorry I missed Sunday, but as it turned out, I couldn't have ridden on Sunday.... sore neck and shoulders from Saturday's giddyoff. Glad I got a chance to meet some of you and see some familiar faces one last time! Big thanks to everyone who got me back on the track for the last 3 sessions of the day/year! Can't thank you guys enough! THAT is why I ride with NESBA!

Thanks Rosey for the pep talk, and for making me think about what went wrong.

Cooney, that last session was for you, baby!

Lenny - yell at me more! I love it when you treat me like your little biotch!:spank:

And Poper, put some FRIGGIN' pants on fer godssakes!!!!!

Good times, fellas.... good times!

jennthebiker

good times! :)

i havent looked at the video but had a good time running with my brew crew boys :) one more than the other.. you know who you are ;) haha

i received great advise from cooney and morph.

dropped 30 seconds from morning til the afternoon sessions. *innocentlook* either i was really movin in the afternoon or crawling in the morning! lets say crawling in the morning :)

last time i was there i think i was running consistent 9's in sept 07. i wanted to see a few 06's. by afternoon i ran a ton of 08's and even some 7's. woo! im pleased :)

ridelater

it no better time then now to thank jtb for my bumb to:a: w/o u and maybe the cr(this i am not 2 sure about) i would not have got it! had a great weekend but the cold has scared me away from njmsp and i will see u all next yr.

jennthebiker

*takes a bow* another one with some jtb guidance got their bump. (oh and some help from the cr's!) :)

i sent an email to my other brew crew boy. i dont think you should rule out njmp so early!

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
As always, had a great time at Beave on Sunday. Never knew grown men who ride mega horsepower sportbikes could get so excited about a 125 scooter, but I'm glad you all got a chance to ride it. Jenn, thanks for the cookie bars, they were great. Kim, it was nice to meet you and sorry about the bad weekend you had but you did get the "apple dumpling" consolation prize. Brian, thanks for the tows and congrats on the bump. Thanks to all the cr's and directors. I have a good time at any track, but something about Beave is always special. If I don't get to see any of you at TB on the 2nd, have a great off season. Hats off to Emerson, Morph, and Lenny who were the only ones "man enough" to drink a Schaefer. Hope to see you all at TB!