Beaverun 8/14 8/15 Events

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
daddyo;140313 wrote: How about an "A" only event anounced pre-season with a fill up deadline. Not enough intrest, then convert in April or May.
Now that's thinking with your dipstick! Good idea!

Mr.DJ

Yes, the idea of an A-Only day to be converted to a "limited class" day (A & I) if not fulfilled is being considered for 2011. I'd like to see a few "Well Known" names and our front running CRs lead the way.

Too early to commit right now, but some pretty solid ideas are circulating with us. I would certainly like to share ideas, but I remember one x-mas my parents where considering getting me a Tandy Ti-99. It never happened and I wished they kept their mouth shut until they were sure. I'm still pissed. At least I got a Apple IIc later and played Karate for a whole summer. Dude, I still remember typing GW-Basic "code" from the back of Byte magazine ;)

Point is: A-Riders are not forgotten! I think as we strengthen the skill set in I, There will be plenty that can use some guidance or just a lot more track time in mid/low pack A. Let's get through year and also brainstorm more during the off-season. Please send ideas to me via email. I promise to consider and read them all.

1literduceater

Thunderace;140306 wrote: This really sucks for the advanced guys that wanted to ride that weekend. How about having an advanced only day at some point? We had one I believe in 2007 as the Barber season ender and I thought it was a great day. I understand the economic problem if there aren't enough riders in the advanced group, but I don't believe there were any advanced riders in this pool of riders questioned.
:agree:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
BigBird;140422 wrote: i'm gonna take your word for it and sign up :cool:
You’re an animal…although you can’t go wrong with the SED day, if you drive that far you may as well do the next day, it will give you a day to practice what you were taught while it’s still fresh in your mind...:cool:

BigBird

vinny337;140477 wrote: You’re an animal…although you can’t go wrong with the SED day, if you drive that far you may as well do the next day, it will give you a day to practice what you were taught while it’s still fresh in your mind...:cool:
i would do the next day, but its a SED for :i: riders:bumpme:

Randal03r1

Control Rider
Thunderace;140306 wrote: This really sucks for the advanced guys that wanted to ride that weekend. How about having an advanced only day at some point? We had one I believe in 2007 as the Barber season ender and I thought it was a great day. I understand the economic problem if there aren't enough riders in the advanced group, but I don't believe there were any advanced riders in this pool of riders questioned. I still have unfinished business with that track and now I might not be able to make it back there this year. Very disappointing from my standpoint.:mad:
One answer, Putnam baby! Your R1 will love the front straight. I could give you a tow in the AM sessions. Had fun at Beaver with you Mid Atlantic folks.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I love the idea of having an 'A' day. Instead of doing the track walk thing, have some suspension/geometry seminars with practical application. Or get Rob Jensen there with some killer one-time deals. Maybe a 'try before you buy' thing. Even get the demo rig there, too.

Dunno. Just spit-ballin'.

Randy, looked at doin the Putnam days but it's just too short notice to get out there. Planning on it next season though.

buck34

Thunderace;140306 wrote: I still have unfinished business with that track and now I might not be able to make it back there this year. Very disappointing from my standpoint.:mad:
FYI, new BeaveRun dates added. 9/25&26

ssduc

Anyone riding on Sunday need some pit space? I'm a NESBA newb (well, this will be my second event after a very inglorious first event) and none of the local riders that I know will be attending that day. If you need some space (or have some to share) let me know.

KneeScraper

This is my first post on this forum. I'm also KneeScraper on the WERA board and a few other boards.

I would like to attend this SED at BeaveRun, but I have a few questions. I haven't ridden at BeaveRun since last September and I'd like to get there this year.

The last time I rode BeaveRun, I was running 1:05's and a few 1:04's. I run a 1:19.6 lap time at Summit Point on August 1st, a 1:37.1 lap time at VIR on August 8th, and this is my first year of racing in WERA as a Novice.

So here is my question. What skill level are the SED's geared toward?? I am certainly not above having someone teach me to better myself, but are the people who show up to do the SED's running 1:12's around BeaveRun??

I just don't want to show up at BeaveRun for this SED and not learn anything or be told to run 1:12's around the track. Please don't take this the wrong way, I just want to take a SED course that is geared toward my current skill level.

BigBird

KneeScraper;145521 wrote: This is my first post on this forum. I'm also KneeScraper on the WERA board and a few other boards.

I would like to attend this SED at BeaveRun, but I have a few questions. I haven't ridden at BeaveRun since last September and I'd like to get there this year.

The last time I rode BeaveRun, I was running 1:05's and a few 1:04's. I run a 1:19.6 lap time at Summit Point on August 1st, a 1:37.1 lap time at VIR on August 8th, and this is my first year of racing in WERA as a Novice.

So here is my question. What skill level are the SED's geared toward?? I am certainly not above having someone teach me to better myself, but are the people who show up to do the SED's running 1:12's around BeaveRun??

I just don't want to show up at BeaveRun for this SED and not learn anything or be told to run 1:12's around the track. Please don't take this the wrong way, I just want to take a SED course that is geared toward my current skill level.
Definitely not :b: probably :i: