Beaverun Aug. 13-14 vids and Thanks!

fitz

Great day Saturday! I bailed on Sunday, I hope you guys got a few good sessions, was perfectly sunny from where I live, looked nasty up north.

Big thanks to all the CRs for a great day, extra thanks to Chris for working his little tool on my bike. :D

Hope all that crashed are OK, the track was indeed "green" (thought it was me) took the advice of Kubricky and cut it back a bit.

I WILL get more vids up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFAx6xdvTsA

fitz

R1Baby

Control Rider
Your welcome Patrick, glad I could be of service. I'm just glad I don't drive a mini van, sorry Dion. Hope to see you all next month. If you and Eileen want to hang out and have dinner with us again, let me know, I'll make sure I have enough plates.

Chris

bronsonj

Saturday was great. First time at Beaverun - what a fun track. Wish I'd listened to Kubricky better. I started the afternoon w/ the best intentions, but got a little too excited & pushed harder than I should have. (lesson learned)

fitz

bronsonj;207121 wrote: Saturday was great. First time at Beaverun - what a fun track. Wish I'd listened to Kubricky better. I started the afternoon w/ the best intentions, but got a little too excited & pushed harder than I should have. (lesson learned)
Jim, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you after your crash.

First, hope you are OK, the first time I went past you were still down, didn't have time to pit in, the second time I was glad to see you up. How did you end up on the INSIDE?

bronsonj

fitz;207122 wrote: Jim, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you after your crash.

First, hope you are OK, the first time I went past you were still down, didn't have time to pit in, the second time I was glad to see you up. How did you end up on the INSIDE?
I'm OK. Just befuddled. I'm still wondering how the bike & I ended up on the inside of the turn. I'm thinking the rear swung around so far that I almost did a 180 before I got ejected! It happened so quickly that I just don't know!

Landshark

Control Rider
bronsonj;207131 wrote: I'm OK. Just befuddled. I'm still wondering how the bike & I ended up on the inside of the turn. I'm thinking the rear swung around so far that I almost did a 180 before I got ejected! It happened so quickly that I just don't know!
Jim, glad you are up and ok. Hope we got the bike on the trailer secure enough. As for the crash, it was typical high side stuff T-10 style. The rear steps out then grips which makes the front snap. All that happening while you are looking ahead and hanging off. You then get spit off like Bam bam A la Flintstones when he is angry. Seen at 20 sec (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spike.com%2Fvideo-clips%2Fgmeva2%2Fthe-flintstones-season-four-bam-bam&rct=j&q=bam%20bam%20video&ei=jVpJTvbAMdLSgQe7u8ynBg&usg=AFQjCNE17r8EmWQQLK-hvYwNyZCnz7tD3Q&cad=rja). Then the bike either flips or slides off into the direction the front got point toward.
Most highsides result in the rider saying What The Heck just happened.

Madski

Nice riding with everyone this weekend and glad to provide back marker services :)

Troy, thanks for the diagnosis on the tire - Hope me falling over in front of your trailer was adequate compensation :banghead:

Glad the weather held up almost all day for us Sunday. Hopefully will see everyone at Summit next month.

Dave561

Control Rider
Damn I missed that. Hope someone got pics. :D
On the bright side, at least its easier than doing it on track.

bronsonj

Landshark;207153 wrote: Jim, glad you are up and ok. Hope we got the bike on the trailer secure enough. As for the crash, it was typical high side stuff T-10 style. The rear steps out then grips which makes the front snap. All that happening while you are looking ahead and hanging off. You then get spit off like Bam bam A la Flintstones when he is angry. Seen at 20 sec (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spike.com%2Fvideo-clips%2Fgmeva2%2Fthe-flintstones-season-four-bam-bam&rct=j&q=bam%20bam%20video&ei=jVpJTvbAMdLSgQe7u8ynBg&usg=AFQjCNE17r8EmWQQLK-hvYwNyZCnz7tD3Q&cad=rja). Then the bike either flips or slides off into the direction the front got point toward.
Most highsides result in the rider saying What The Heck just happened.
Troy, yes the bike was on the trailer just right, thanks. As for the crash, what you're saying makes sense - I would have thought the bike & I would go off to the left, but as the rear came around, the front was pointing to the right & that's where we went. I just wish there was more warning, but I guess everybody says that :)

RADAR Magnet

I'd like to add my thanks to Ben and Jeff for their observations in the B group on Saturday. It was great following you around and I'm really eager to continue working on your feedback. Hopefully we can catch up if you're at Summit in September.

needasixr

Great weekend, great folks. Crash-fest Saturday. Sunday turned out beautiful. So many quotable moments, but the best (or worst) was when Fitz thought Rachel was Anson's mom instead of wife. And when given a chance to bail out on his comments INSISTED she was his mom. No living that one down.
Really fun riding with Scott and Jeff Sunday. I do owe you one for the sticker, Jeff...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks for a great weekend. Sorry mine was cut short on Saturday, and sorry I added to the crash-fest.:banghead:
I should have my motorcycle ready for Summit in September.

PA Vfr

Saturday was a lot of fun even though my day was shortened too. I'm sorry for the red flag in session 4. I suppose the other people that went down and were sliding around in turn 6 should have been a clue to me, but I missed it and added my lowside to the crash fest. Anyway, it was nice getting to meet a few more people over the weekend.

Anyone interested in a crash video? Skip to the end for the good stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax9CXmZSk70

avizpls

#11-A
:popcorn: hey, who isnt?!?

So I gather that everyone that went down Saturday is over-all in good shape?

edit: so I watched....what a horrible sound at the end! Hows the bike?

PA Vfr

avizpls;207336 wrote: :popcorn: hey, who isnt?!?

So I gather that everyone that went down Saturday is over-all in good shape?

edit: so I watched....what a horrible sound at the end! Hows the bike?
The bike was running the whole time until the crash truck got out there and I could hit the kill switch. I was afraid it wasn't getting oil laying on its side. It definitely doesn't sound right but I felt a little better when I watched the video and realized it sounded that way as soon as it went down. It got caught in gear so I hope that it is just a bent shift fork or some other smaller issue.

fitz

needasixr;207315 wrote: So many quotable moments...
Ah first impressions are the ones that last forever. :doh:

And to think I almost forgot about making an ass out of myself to Rachel (and everyone else), thank you Larry for bringing that back, thank you, oh and posting it!

You do make sure your bike is locked up in your trailer AT ALL TIMES right? :D

fitz