Beaverun from frederick md area

buzz-06

So I'm thinking about doing two days at beaverun in may. I've never been there before and was wondering if someone could tell me what I'm getting myself into as far as the drive is concerned. According to mapquest my options are either I-68 to I-79 or get on the PA turnpike. I've been up and down 68 a few times and I'm not a fan of all those mountains. So is the turnpike any better or am I pretty much gonna have to suck it up? I'm still trying to figure out the best way to approach this being as I also really want to do the 24th at summit, not sure if I wanna drive 5hrs after riding all day but we will see. Anyways to whomever can tell me the best way to beaver from frederick I appreciate it

~Geoff

R1Baby

Control Rider
Turnpike! I'm coming from Baltimore and take 70 to Breezewood, and then take the turnpike. The track is just North of the turnpike off exit 13.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
Very easy to get to, not too much around the track, so bring stuff or pick it up before heading out. The mountain roads get foggy too and tractor trailers run the roads up to there

buzz-06

Ok so plan to be in the middle of nowhere with foggy mountain roads run by truck drivers....sounds like a fun place to be. I guess while we're at it what's the rules for camping and gate times up there? From the sounds of things if all goes to plan ill be pulling in between 9 and 10pm.

buzz-06

One last set of questions about beaverun. First do they have showers? Secondly what are the hours for the gates? I know they don't have power so ill have to figure something out about that. Thanks in advance for the help!

Kruizen

Control Rider
Can't remember gate times, but there is a subway and smal grocery store about 5 minutes from the track that is available for a quick run out/meal.

Definitely take he turn pike, done both and will only take the turnpike from now on.

Decent shower facility's. last they did have a small food stand running during the day.