BeaveRun Roll Call Sept 24/25

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
HondaGalToo;215694 wrote: I've got some wood to bring. Chris has wood, too. Oh. Wait. That didn't come out right....
He..he..he..he...he..he

She said..

300px-Taxus_wood.jpg

13_59_8---Lumber_web.jpg

Dave561

Control Rider
Weather turned out great and the wood kept the nights warm. :D

Had a great time and hummed its the last weekend at Beav this year. Beth and Todd you rum a good show

blueyzfr6

That was my 1st time at the track. My name is Ron and I'm a Trackhead. I had the blue R1 with the bloodshot eyes. That was just unbelievable. I found out a couple things I like left turns more than right turns. It seems like in turn 10/11 I was fighting the bike in the turns. A couple times a scraped my toes in turn 10, but as soon as I did that I would feel that my heel is already against the kickplate. It just felt awkward. I only nailed 9 I think once. Turn 1 is fun I think. A couple times while I was braking I heard the tires growling and the back end was moving back and forth. Is that normal? I'd let off the brakes and it'd stop. Turn 7 I need to learn, just go for it, the turn is there. I really need to work on body positioning. My dad took some pics and my feet are on the pegs like a street rider. I can't wait to do it again. I'd LOVE to turn my R1 into a trackbike, but I think it's WAYYYYYYYY too much bike.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Ron Good to meet ya Sunday. Yes, an R1 can be a bit too much bike for a beginner but it's not like its never been done. Just might not be the best idea. You can get in over your head in a hurry. What you were felling in T1 was the rear getting light when you were braking for 1. Make sure you're not using the rear brake. I was watching from the wall and saw you go into T1 fine and then one time you passed someone at about the first brake maker that sent you into 1 much faster and all we could hear was the squeal of your rear tire. We didn't see a yellow flag so we figured that you made it but when you get on the brakes there is so little weight on the rear that using the rear brake gives you nothing but a locked up rear. You might want to check on the suspension and make sure the front isn't diving too much causing the rear to come up. Track riding requires a stiffer suspension setup than a street setup. But hell, you put her away in the same condition that you took her out (minus a little rubber) so you officially won track day. Congratz!

trekuhl

Control Rider
i think we worked together a bit; we talked about backing dialing it back a notch and focus on the lines first then we would work the body position ;)

glad you had a good time out there. if you are draggin toe you probably are not on the ball of feet on peg and riding more street style. this was covered at the body position seminar we had both days during lunch so hopefully you were able to see that. its a adjustment from the more relaxed street riding position we tend to use when cruising the highway and its especially hard on your first TD to focus on everything at once. next time you get out we can definitely finesse that stuff.

a liter bike is a big bike to learn on, some people do it but generally a 600 is a much more forgiving beast if you plan on doing a lot more track days. in some ways, its easier to get a setup 600, even a slightly older model (lotta good deals on 03-07's) and have a bike that you arent too worried about banging up a bit if it comes to that. if you plan on keeping the r1, i would at least invest in the track plastics (see if you cant find a used set here or wera boards) as the cost of fixing/replacing stock plastics is pretty significant.

mjkuhno

Big thanks to everyone this past weekend at the Beave

Hi All,

First time riding the Beave this past Saturday at the SED event and it was a blast!

Wanted to send a quick thanks to everyone for helping out - man, I have a lot to work on!!

I'm sure I won't get everyone's names right - so a general shout out and bug thanks to all of the CRs and for Todd for the track walk. Tons of good info from everyone and I'm sure I'll be back at the Beave at some point in the future.

Thanks again.

Landshark

Control Rider
mjkuhno;216022 wrote: Hi All,

First time riding the Beave this past Saturday at the SED event and it was a blast!

Wanted to send a quick thanks to everyone for helping out - man, I have a lot to work on!!

I'm sure I won't get everyone's names right - so a general shout out and bug thanks to all of the CRs and for Todd for the track walk. Tons of good info from everyone and I'm sure I'll be back at the Beave at some point in the future.

Thanks again.
Glad you had a good time. Bike looks great and thanks for changing the number.

Dave561

Control Rider
Landshark;216029 wrote: Or leaving at the service plaza because your trailer lost a wheel.
Technically, I removed it before I lost it. Three wheeled trailers are the new thing this season. Again thanks for swinging back and helping out. It was a huge relief to get that weight off that wheel

fitz

Landshark;216049 wrote: No problem! I was trying to get that new suit out your trailer but you wouldn't walk away.
I was eyeing up that new suit too! But I'd have to add several inches to the length and drink massive quantities of beer to fill out the rest.

:saythat:

MCGMB

Kevin42;216047 wrote: I had an awesome time. Thanks to all but those alien bugs that were hanging out around T4-T5.
Yeah, it was a great day yesterday. Having access to an uncongested track, and getting more time with the CR's really made a difference :cheers:

And thanks for the feedback following the last session, specifically the tips on how to increase my corner entrance speed.

Gene

blueyzfr6

Woo hoo my ol man took some pics of me. This one is probably the best so far.
BeaverT12.jpg
I think this is T12. He has a lot more. A couple of them I couldn't believe how much my feet hang down. I REALLY need to practice that.

mac

+1 for a great day at bvr. nice meeting you Gene, this is Mike that was pitted next to you btw. thanks for the body position feedback from CR on the camo r6. thanks to yank for rolling with me the session b4 last. thanks to the other CRs as well, had a good time chasing u guys

Randal03r1

Control Rider
Wow, what a great weekend!

Thanks to all the members for coming out, that was some serious track time!

See you Mid-Atlantic folks next year.

:D