BeaveRun SED!!!!!

buck34

I want to thank all the members that came out to the SED Event at BeaveRun this past weekend! Everyone was so receptive to the advise the CRs were given and it was great seeing all of you develop through out the day.

Great job on the "fly bys" by Scott Rosey and Ron Pearl! Sorry to the Intermediate riders, as we decided not to perform them on Sunday's wet track.

Also, thanks to all the CRs that came out, awesome job!

If you couldn't make it out to this SED Event, we hope to see you at the next one!

needasixr

Sunday was really awesome. The track dried beautifully. Thanks to all the CR's for all those laps. The biggest difference with an SED in my opinion: feedback. When else can you go out and do 10 laps with one CR to follow and another to bring up the rear and watch what you are doing? Then you have time to pull in and discuss it before going back out. Big thanks to Captain America (Chris) for his help in Turn 1 and for Lennie for following me around before lunch. And of course thanks to Buck for one of his legendary hot pit lane motivational speeches. You know its gonna be good when it starts out "What are you doing in Turn 4? Do you think that's fast? WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT THERE?" Yeah, he should really put out a self-help dvd. Always a pleasure, Buck. Dammit if he doesn't make you faster though...

spyda1000

awesome

as always the amount of track time on a SED day is great. after the morning mist was gone it got better & better.
i'd like to thank Yank for some one-on-one time for about 8 laps. :congrats:

DDay85

Thank you to everybody who helped me out on Saturday. I would aslo like to apologize for the way I rode in the morning. I didn't know adults could be put on timeout (lol), but it was fully warrented. It was a wonderful time that is still making me grin.

Myers

Control Rider
Made the trip out friday night to visit some family. Sunday morning woke up.. looked outside and was bummed... but have learned.. The best track days are the ones that start out slow and get nicer during the day.... And this was one of them. I sit here now and type this and my legs are still sore. Put just under 4 full tanks of 93 through my R6 that day...Had so much feedback that I was taking notes & still couldnt retain everything, did my first ever track walk, met some really great people...
I have done days through out this summer and would rank this past sunday right up there on top as my all time favorit day. CRs, Chris, Chris, Rob, Dave, Buck and Todd - and many more (sorry didnt get all the names) - you guys truly do an amazing job leading us to speed and smoothness. Folks if you are reading this.. and wondering about doing an SED day STOP WONDERING and book the very next one you can. I did 2 days last fall with Nesba and was hooked. Have done a "couple" days this year so far :D and look forward to many more.

Thank you again NESBA for putting a smile on my face for days....

Here are a couple pics (go easy on me Im still learning :), and a video..i know cheesy with the music but I entertain myself at home on the computer and this is the result i get :popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuyATm6djE

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
DDay85;146550 wrote: Thank you to everybody who helped me out on Saturday. I would aslo like to apologize for the way I rode in the morning. I didn't know adults could be put on timeout (lol), but it was fully warrented. It was a wonderful time that is still making me grin.
We let me be the first to say that after your "Adult Time Out" you made Huge Improvements and we all could see how much better you were riding and how much you progressed the rest of the day. we were all glad that we were able to get you turned around before the inevitable happened. Glad you had a great day and look forward to seeing you out again.

Todd

Yank 521

Control Rider
your welcome joe. was great to actually get to know you better and not just be a face i see. hope the input helped out and look forward to riding with you again. also thanks for the grub.

Joe Vital

Gary, you are very good at the CR thing, we are lucky to have you.
As for the food, you are always welcome to share the meal.

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
I had a great time on sunday even though i think is was the only one to crash. I got my lap times down into the low 1:06's from 1:10's thanks to kevin's and all the other CR's coaching. SED days are well worth the price. on a side note when i went down I went down in the mud and my suit is covered does anyone have any sugestions on what to use to clean leathers?

R1Baby

Control Rider
Cleaning Leathers

Ryan,
Alpinestar recommends Lexol, there is a cleaner and a seperated conditioner. I would try and get as much mud off as you can with water. Then you spray the cleaner on a sponge or rag and wipe it down with a clean cloth. Then apply the conditioner, and also wipe it down with a clean cloth. Places that sell horse tack, Tractor Supply sell Lexol, I have used it and it works very well.

dolfnz67

Rmcaninch600;147002 wrote: I had a great time on sunday even though i think is was the only one to crash. I got my lap times down into the low 1:06's from 1:10's thanks to kevin's and all the other CR's coaching. SED days are well worth the price. on a side note when i went down I went down in the mud and my suit is covered does anyone have any sugestions on what to use to clean leathers?
First clean off the mud and loose dirt with water. Then use 1 part murphy's oil soap and 3 parts water. It will clean the leathers and moisturize it at the same time. I've been doing this for years and it's the best!!:first:

Kevin42

I had a great time as always. What a good group of riders we had in B and I. Pretty much everyone who wasn't wearing an orange shirt was awesome. Lol

Yo 127.... to shed 4 seconds at that track is a big challenge. Good for you! Shake n bake brother.

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
Hey guys!

I had a great time working with the gang this past weekend. I was just a bit bummed out that my bike had a few little mechanical issues and was holding back my normal track riding enthusiasm. Taking Todd's R6 around the track was a blast.........I might be shopping for one. I rode Buck's R1 a quite a bit more cautiously since the front end was popping up every corner exit and I was afraid of sending myself into orbit via a T10 highside.

The riders on both days did a great job. It was great to watch the Skills become Enhanced all Day for sure!!!!

The 2nd best meatballs were pretty tasty too!