Beginner pit area, SE events

matt2212

Beginning June 1 & 2 at VIR and for the rest of the season, we would like to invite all new members and beginner riders to take advantage of a new pit area designed just for you! At each event we plan to have an area in the paddock where new members and beginners can pit with, or be pit neighbors to long time NESBA members. We’ll be available to help you with general questions about registration, tech inspection, procedures, and rules; the basic stuff that new members frequently have questions about.

Very often we hear people on the forum and the paddock say they are nervous about their first day on the track. We know it can be a bit overwhelming so that's why we are creating a beginner pit area with experienced NESBA members available to help ease you into the track environment.

If you have friends who are riding and you want to pit with them we will still be available to help! Feel free to stop by to meet other members old and new.

Unbroken13

Thanx...Matt ... I'm more nervous about the off track stuff than I am the on track stuff... Bieng a noob sux!!!! Seeing my first track day was impressive... The "a"group guys were fast... I see a wealth of knowledge to absorb... Can't wait!!!

matt2212

Str8_Lurkin;272380 wrote: Any extra cost? How does a person take advantage of this?
there is no extra cost we will be glad to help! You will just need to show up and I am hoping to have a sign of some sort.. and If i know you are coming i will try to save a spot for you.

JRA

No extra cost at all. This is a club and that's why this idea took shape. It's just a way for some of the long time members to help the newer guys out.

Matt, thanks for taking the lead on this. And Mike, we'd love to have you help out, and anybody else who's been around for a while and knows the ropes.:D

JRA;272382 wrote: No extra cost at all. This is a club and that's why this idea took shape. It's just a way for some of the long time members to help the newer guys out.

Matt, thanks for taking the lead on this. And Mike, we'd love to have you help out, and anybody else who's been around for a while and knows the ropes.:D
John,
If you can send me the artwork for the NESBA logo, I can get our graphics dept to whip up a professional looking banner. Or if we have a graphics designer available, just send me what you want and I'll get it taken care of. I'm thinking a 12" x 96" with grommets to attach it to an easy up. Of course I vote for red and black colors if that's ok with you.

matt2212

JRA;272382 wrote: No extra cost at all. This is a club and that's why this idea took shape. It's just a way for some of the long time members to help the newer guys out.

Thanks John, and thank you for all the help.

If anyone knows someone who would like this help please spread the word. I know John is going to try to send e-mails to new members about this as the program progresses but help getting the word out would be appreciated.

Kruizen

Control Rider
I'd be willing to help also.

Maybe some of those stick in the ground fiberboard/plastic signs(like the we buy junk cars signs) with nesba logo(easy to transport, cheap etc.) that could be easily set out and identify the people that are there to help.

z064life

I'd be willing to help out as well. I'm fairly regular in the SE as well as other areas.

I also have tools and some supplies popups and stuff that I have extra so the new guys without can borrow. Example I carry 3 popups and rarely need more than 2...

I will be at barber June 1 but I'm at RA the weekend before and will be at RA the July 5th weekend as well.

matt2212

z064life;272503 wrote: I'd be willing to help out as well. I'm fairly regular in the SE as well as other areas.

I also have tools and some supplies popups and stuff that I have extra so the new guys without can borrow. Example I carry 3 popups and rarely need more than 2...

I will be at barber June 1 but I'm at RA the weekend before and will be at RA the July 5th weekend as well.
Awesome lets talk at the fundraiser in July, if you have a schedule of events that you are doing I will have a sign up sheet going buy then.

Until then spread the word, I think we can help lot and have some fun doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racerx69

Im a new member as well, and looking at end of June as my first trackday!! Really excited, this is ten yrs n the making lol, and this idea for helping out the new guys and gals with pit area is why I chose nesba. Thanx guys!!!

z064life

matt2212;272504 wrote: Awesome lets talk at the fundraiser in July, if you have a schedule of events that you are doing I will have a sign up sheet going buy then.

Until then spread the word, I think we can help lot and have some fun doing it!

Not all NESBA but this is my tentative schedule. The sept run is really up in the air, will do some of those but maybe not all

April
4/6/2013 VIR
4/7/2013 VIR
4/8/2013 VIR
4/27/2013 CMP
4/28/2013 CMP

May
5/24/2013 RA
5/25/2013 RA
5/26/2013 RA
5/27/2013 Road America
5/28/2013 Road America
5/31/2013 barber - Keith code school

June
6/1/2013 Barber - Keith code school
6/8/2013 BHF
6/9/2013 BHF

July
7/5/2013 RA
7/6/2013 RA
7/7/2013 RA
7/20/2013 Beaverun
7/21/2013 Beaverun
7/27/2013 BHF
7/28/2013 BHF

August
8/19/2013 Putnam (Day after MotoGP)
8/31/2013 CMP
8/31/2013 BHF

September
9/1/2013 CMP
9/1/2013 BHF
9/2/2013 BHF
9/11/2013 Thunderbolt
9/12/2013 Thunderbolt
9/14/2013 Lightning
9/15/2013 Lightning
9/17/2013 VIR
9/18/2013 VIR
9/19/2013 VIR
9/28/2013 Autobahn
9/29/2013 Autobahn

Nov
11/9/2013 Barber
11/10/2013 Barber

jimgl3

now this is funny. i have never seen anyone "need" for attention at a nesba or any other track day for that matter. rather i have been repeatedly surprised by the generosity of track day folk literally running to each other's aide, and especially to help out a "newbie" can't tell you how many times i've been backing the bike under the pop-up only to have my arse unexpectedly popped up in the air by a neighbor turning to on the rear stand! i bet there's not a soul here who hasn't either had it done for them or done it for someone.

if you want to do something to help out, have a tram of some sort to take folks around the paddock to see all the folks that have helped them at previous track days since not too many newbies have them spiffy pit bikes ; )

that said, it is just like nesba to go and "organize" stuff... not that that's a bad thing.

matt2212

jimgl3;272542 wrote: now this is funny. i have never seen anyone "need" for attention at a nesba or any other track day for that matter. rather i have been repeatedly surprised by the generosity of track day folk literally running to each other's aide, and especially to help out a "newbie" can't tell you how many times i've been backing the bike under the pop-up only to have my arse unexpectedly popped up in the air by a neighbor turning to on the rear stand! i bet there's not a soul here who hasn't either had it done for them or done it for someone.

if you want to do something to help out, have a tram of some sort to take folks around the paddock to see all the folks that have helped them at previous track days since not too many newbies have them spiffy pit bikes ; )

that said, it is just like nesba to go and "organize" stuff... not that that's a bad thing.
So what is wrong about having a little bit of a way to give back in a manor that people know about? I invited a guy to pit with me last month that was very nervous and it eased his mind. Did I do any more than any other member would have done? No, but he knew I was there and that is what this is about.

If you don't have anything positive to contribute why are you contributing at all?

z064life

jimgl3;272542 wrote: now this is funny. i have never seen anyone "need" for attention at a nesba or any other track day for that matter. rather i have been repeatedly surprised by the generosity of track day folk literally running to each other's aide, and especially to help out a "newbie" can't tell you how many times i've been backing the bike under the pop-up only to have my arse unexpectedly popped up in the air by a neighbor turning to on the rear stand! i bet there's not a soul here who hasn't either had it done for them or done it for someone.

You are correct...I think what they are trying to do is say don't be concerned about showing up your 1st day...there is an area you can pit with people that will help out. Is it needed? No (not that I have ever seen anyway), but I think to a guy just figuring things out he might like knowing it is there before he comes out. I've had several people stop me at the gates in the morning that were 1st time riders and had no clue what to do. I just tell them to follow and park next to me and they have a great day. More people might come out if they KNOW someone is there to help and not just hope for it.

matt2212

z064life;272545 wrote: You are correct...I think what they are trying to do is say don't be concerned about showing up your 1st day...there is an area you can pit with people that will help out. Is it needed? No (not that I have ever seen anyway), but I think to a guy just figuring things out he might like knowing it is there before he comes out. I've had several people stop me at the gates in the morning that were 1st time riders and had no clue what to do. I just tell them to follow and park next to me and they have a great day. More people might come out if they KNOW someone is there to help and not just hope for it.
Well said ( better than I did)

Let me add the guy sitting at home thinking about signing up for his first track day... How many never sign up?