Belated Intro of myself

ayotte6pc

Hello to all! My name is Andy Matvey and I "unfortunately" have the same addiction problem as many of you here do with speed. As you know the addiction is expensive and its nice to know that theres other people out here that have the same champagne tastes and maddog wine money as myself! This sum'bitch will be long, but its an intro, I cant sleep, and hopefully ya get some chuckles out of it.

Seriously though, Im 32 and a long time MX'er, mostly from childhood. I bought my first K5 Gix 600 in May 05. Met up with local forum guys, did some rides, learned a ton and was one day in late 06, handed the race track "hyper-dermic" speed needle and have been a damn junkie ever since.

I Learned that crashing your street ride really sucks ass, so beings the long time wrencher that I am, I decided in the winter of 06-07 that I was gonna build one (05 GSXR 600) from scratch to save cash. Well, I didnt save any money, but I did learn the bikes mechanics very very well. The bike I have on the track is basically a stock 05 GSXR 600 with a micron slip on, race body work, and some traxxion revalved forks. Other than that, I am leaving it alone. I wanna learn how to ride it like I stole it befor I decide to put any real go fast parts on it.

I have, and still am getting some great tips and info from the guys I ride the tracks with. Most of them race expert WERA and CCS classes, and a few even race AMA.... (Although you dont have to publically admit it, ya may actually know one of them personally... HAHAHA!) I kinda consider the tips that they give me a form of repayment for my pitbitch services. Ever since I organized the International Union of Pitbitches (IUPB) Local 1693 they havent seemed to mind! HAHAHA! Seriously thoh I am greatful for their help and patience!

My trackdays are usually done at Beaverun because its close to home and usually inexpensive. Ive been to VIR and Mid-Ohio (Fav track so far)but again, mostly Beaverun and on green track investor days. This year has been kinda skimpy on those, so to get the track time, ya gotta go where the time is. Beings that there a ton of clubs to run with, I went by high recommendation of friends and NESBA coach(es) and joined up. I did my "cherry snapper" day on Saturday and had a blast.

(Heres where Im gonna sound arrogant. I dont mean to be and Ill explain later...)

Since Beaver is my backyard, I was a little bummed out by having to start out in B group, but at the same time didnt want to come in to a new club where I hardly knew anyone and be that guy that says "Im a "A" rider and I know this person and theyll vouch for me... Blah blah blah", so I sucked it up and payed my dues. Im sure I coulda got into the I group on sign up, but it is western PA, and you never pay for a track day here until you are as sure as you can be that it wont rain! (Thats not being a hater, its actually reality!) Pulled the registration trigger late and I think I may have gotten one of 3 of the last B spots. I was grateful to get what I got.

As we rode, I apologize to anyone in any of the groups I was in if I made what may have seemed to be any sketchy passes. When your used to open passing rules and have a really good idea on what youre able to do with little to no restrictions, and are then given rules to follow, ya tend to brain fart. Probably not the best thing to do at 130+ MPH I know. I did my best to control myself and stay safe within the group. I dont remember any incidents in the AM sessions which was awesome (Congrats to us!) and everyone seemed to ride very well, but again if I did anything to P.O anyone, I apologize. The CR's had the group maintained well, and thats one thing I heard was great about this club... The coaching.

I appreciate the comments I received about my apexing of T5. I know it was a bit early and I carry it a little wide. I did work on that throughout the day when I could (that 4-5 straight is an irresistable, great passing zone though... usually blows that turn, but its a trade off.)... As the day wore on, I was fortunate to get moved up into the I group and again, got some great coaching and track time with you guys!

Oh and before I forget, by nature, I am a jackass. If you dont know me, I will come off to some as kinda arrogant. I will say things like "I am the winningist track day rider that there ever was", tell you things like I got interviewed by newspapers about track riding, and probably am the best looking thing to ever hit the face of a race track. I will be very persistent in my attempts to make you believe this. Even know all of this is, well, true, I really dont mean it. With that said, I dont like pain. You could probably hit me to put me in check, but I will tell you, it will be as much good as hitting your little baby sister. You may feel better, but then you will have to deal with the hours of relentless sobbing and crying. A grown man crying is not a pretty sight! In reality, I know Im just a small turd floating in a huge toilet, but theres just times I like to make a bigger splash than others. If you can bear the ride, I will try to turn the anger into all out laughter. If it dont work, Ill take the bitch slap.:doh:

In closing, I thank you all for my first day and intro into the NESBA org!, The organization of the event, the community, the "Uneventful riding", and also the coaching was a real gas to be a part of and Ill be back for more soon!

Later on and ride safe!

Andy

vanbreezy

Shit here it is I was thinking you were an ok guy. I would have never guessed ass_o_e. Andy it was nice meeting you enjoyed pitting next to you. Getting slapped around on the track NOT SO MUCH. see you out there soon.:adore:

buck34

Andy,
Your a poster boy for how to get bumped!!
You lined up first, followed all the passing rules, rode very consistent lines and we put down some lap times that would easily have you mid-Intermediate pace. Getting bumped is that easy EVERYONE!!!
I had a blast riding with you and look forward to doing it again.

Welcome to NESBA!

rk97

lol - love the "arrogance" disclaimers.

I saw the tail section of your bike a couple times before you got bumped. I didn't think you'd be around long. did I hear you were running 1:05s in "B" group traffic?

ayotte6pc

Austin, ya nailed it man! I am a hole of an arse.HAHAHA! Nice meeting you and the crew over there too.

I kinda laughed at this :"....Poster boy..." Shoot, I just happen to have about a million miles there. One of these days I will learn what that twisty thing on the right handle bar is for! (That was a fun couple of sessions though!) I thought for sure that we would have past well into the twos.. Felt fast, smooth and tight, but damn if we didnt just get the 4 flats! Strive to succeedI guess.

1:05's in "B" group? Hmm, Publically admitting this could have bad results, so I will say that due to the groups large size, staying smooth and waiting for the right opportunity to make any passes was key to a fun, fast, and most of all "Uneventful" session. The million laps there also once again help.

I have a few dates at beaver before the next NESBA day there, so maybe Ill be ready to hit the 1's by then!?!?! (Or Ill be repairing my bike, either or)

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
Poster boy...???

(oh shit. I'm never going to hear the end of this one)

Good job donkey. Not bad for a pit bitch. :)

ayotte6pc

rugbymook;10047 wrote: Poster boy...???

(oh shit. I'm never going to hear the end of this one)

Good job donkey. Not bad for a pit bitch. :)
Well, I wont be as bad as some people that speak of themselves in the 3rd person Mr. AMA! HAHAHAHA!

Ok, Ill credit it all to having good teachers. I can give ya'll that. Now get back to work!

vanbreezy

Hey Scott Andy was bragging about how you showed him around the track. So he gave you your props. :adore:

ayotte6pc

... I had em runnin at Mid Ohio when I called him and asked him what qualifying time was for the AMA FX race too. He was sitting at T7 with a stopwatch... (I think he paid the guys in front of me to slow me down!) hahhahaha!

Ya, Ill give the man his props. he does deserve it! :adore: