Best 09 to 2011 liter bike

Prix

I already posted I really like the R1 cause I like Torque on the street, seems to keep you out of trouble more often. This will be my last new all purpose bike 90% street 10% Track so I was wondering what you think is the best for that purpose slight track use but most fun on the streets, take in mind Im not one of those retarded street stunting or tools that rides from bar to bar, I like to ride to work during the week and country riding during the weekends nothing to exotic. If you think the R1 is good then great for me. Also Im from Wisconsin so alittle heat from the bike is refreshing 3-4 out of the 7 months a year I can ride. Im looking for something in 8K range. Any thoughts apreciated, right now I have my heart set on a R1, but I always listen so if you have any complaints on the bike let me have it, and I already heard the it cost 100K to get it track ready, well Im sure a stock R1 is still alot more capable then most of us on the track with simple adjustments.

Thanks,

J

Slinky001

Prix,

I bought a 2010 Aprilia RSV4 last fall and it seems to be a boatload of fun!

It feels like a cross between a Ducati and an inline four and is very fun to ride.

Good luck with your search,
Brian

Slinky001;302763 wrote: Prix,

I bought a 2010 Aprilia RSV4 last fall and it seems to be a boatload of fun!

It feels like a cross between a Ducati and an inline four and is very fun to ride.

Good luck with your search,
Brian
:agree:

vzhulin

2008+ Honda CBR1000RR is the bike you want. Light and nimble, very user friendly. I was going to buy an R1 (had one ages ago) but very glad I went with the CBR.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LossPrev

Lolz @ $100k to get it competitive. The only real complaints I have with mine after 2 years, 1 all street and 1 all track is the heat which you're already aware of, the ECU needs to be flashed and the fuel mileage. But none of them are really that bad. At the track I don't like how much effort it takes to toss around a tight track, especially when there a lot quick side to side transitions. Only 1 track out of the 7 I did last year frustrated me with this and that was Putnam. Didn't have any issues at BHF though. If you want the most hp then obviously no one can argue that the R1 is the bike to have but even as a track/race bike it seems to do fine let alone a 90% street bike.

motorkas

bpolunin;302974 wrote: Aprilia RSVR or RSV4 if you want torque...
RSV4 is probably the sickest liter bike on the planet. . .however, the reason my brother and I choose the s1000rr had to do with dealership support and parts availability (which if the words "we have to order it from Italy" are spoken - just go ahead and get another bike because by the time they show up. . .:D.

As much as we lust over every RSV4 we see, no complaints with the BMW - actually think it's an incredible motorcycle. . .

motorkas;302992 wrote: RSV4 is probably the sickest liter bike on the planet. . .however, the reason my brother and I choose the s1000rr had to do with dealership support and parts availability (which if the words "we have to order it from Italy" are spoken - just go ahead and get another bike because by the time they show up. . .:D.

As much as we lust over every RSV4 we see, no complaints with the BMW - actually think it's an incredible motorcycle. . .
The BMW can't be beat for straight out HP. The sound of the RSV4R is insane. Sounds like it just hates the world. As far as parts, what ever you choose, replace the rearsets and clip ons with common types (Woodcraft for Vortex) and parts are everywhere.