Best advice from a Coach/Control Rider?

bmart

Control Rider
What is the best advice that you've received from a track day Coach? Were you able to easily implement it? Share it with others to help them ride safer and faster? Are you still able to successfully implement it?

Greg ZX6R

Chris Kubricky 2009: "Keep your balls in your pocket, don't crash, and you get bumped." Implemented it that day, then failed to implement it later that year. I shared that info with Slow Steve and he did not implement it. I still implement that advice today (minus the bump part) when things start to feel sketchy.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Chris Kubricky 2009: "Keep your balls in your pocket, don't crash, and you get bumped." Implemented it that day, then failed to implement it later that year. I shared that info with Slow Steve and he did not implement it. I still implement that advice today (minus the bump part) when things start to feel sketchy.
Like your wife lets you leave home with them.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
All out, balls out!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Several things good and bad:

Less brake more gas, while that is the outcome how youget to that is the question. One of the CRs walked me through visual references, eyes lingering on spots too long, not moving your vision ahead fast enough to allow less brake and more gas, that was a major break through for me that I still work on it every time I go out.

Stop swooping! Once the bike is parallel with the sides of the track turn in from there. Don't keep turning left to make a right, if you're not in the optimal spot on track to turn in fix it next lap.

Missed apexes are like bad relationships, the sooner you can forget them the sooner you can move on to the next apex. Miss it and forget it, you can't fix it the next 3 turns by shaking your head and thinking about it, fix next lap in that turn.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Take a track walk. Did the old Beaver with Buck...I still use his pointers from 12 (the old 5) all the way through the carousel.

bmart

Control Rider
Either people are really busy, or the people who have taken advice and implemented have all become coaches. Just sayin'!

I'm waiting to chime in after we hear from some others.

avizpls

#11-A
Throttles on the right, so are the brakes. Good luck!

Right up there with "Go that way as fast as you can. If something gets in your way, turn"

in reality though, its probably Lennys talk on 'the dance'

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Throttles on the right, so are the brakes. Good luck!

Right up there with "Go that way as fast as you can. If something gets in your way, turn"

in reality though, its probably Lennys talk on 'the dance'

Wow! I'm happy somebody remembers "the dance";);)

Bellboy

Lenny…get your feet right then work on the rest. I can now walk without pain after a trackday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk