Best GoPro helmet or bike mount location?

DaveK22

I bought this mount for a "generic" version of "Gopro" camera. I was debating whether to mount to my helmet, front wind screen, or rear tail. I thought that the top of my helmet would give the best perspective but don't see many pix of anyone else doing that. My "chin" area on helmet doesn't seem to fit the adhesive base either. Maybe the side of helmet is a better location? The base is flexible so will conform to a curved base.

Anyway, the mount I bought has a 3M adhesive which I believe is very strong. However, I would still probably make a safety wire tether too just in case. Thoughts?
$T2eC16hHJF8E9nnC9csdBQ+yLLVtRw~~60_57.JPG

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Last thing I want is a rigid mount attached to my helmet in case of a crash. It wasn't designed for that.

I like on front no bike ride n frame, on the triple so you see gauges or rear facing back not front, cause quite frankly someone may like looking at your butt, but its not me :)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Helmet cams are the worst. You look dumb as ever wearing one (No, really, you do) and it gives most people motion sickness trying to watch your video as your head moves all over the place riding on the track. It needs to be affixed solidly to the bike for best viewing experience.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I agree with the above. No way I'd want that on my helmet. Your idea of safety wiring it in addition to the adhesive mount is strongly advised. I have seen more than a few of those things flying off on the track! Safety wire it for sure, a lot of folks do just that.

Dave, Front or rear of bike is best location, depends on what view you want it to capture...Please never mount anything to your HELMET!!!!! Most if not all tracks and ORGS. will require you to safety wire it to your bike for good reason...ENJOY NYST ON SATURDAY. I have done 3 days there already.....

DaveK22

I decided to mount low on the windscreen. I also ran safety wire around the base, then secured the wire to the bolts for the windscreen. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
IMAG0621.jpg