Best hotel for Barber visit....

Relying on the gang to help me find the best/safest place to stay for my Barber weekend in Aug. I seem to recall someone having their stuff boosted not long ago, and I'm not looking to be the next victim. Thanks for the help !!

yellowgt5

Everytime my buddy and I go, we stay at the Days Inn down the road from Barber. It is one exit east of the Barber exit. We have never had any troubles what so ever. You can get a bottom floor and back you vehicle up in front of your door, plus they have cameras. Here is the address 1838 Ashville Road, Leeds, Al 35094

TeamBeer

There are actually quite a few within about 15 minutes of the track. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn, because it is close and very well maintained.

yellowgt5;246664 wrote: Everytime my buddy and I go, we stay at the Days Inn down the road from Barber. It is one exit east of the Barber exit. We have never had any troubles what so ever. You can get a bottom floor and back you vehicle up in front of your door, plus they have cameras. Here is the address 1838 Ashville Road, Leeds, Al 35094
Thanks for the added info....at least I have some options. See ya there.

tireatr

The Best Westrn is new, clean and usually around $80 or less. Much better than the rate games they play at the Hampton.

tireatr

^yea I know. They play games with their rates. If they don't sell out all of their rooms they start slashing rates. Kind of penalizes those who plan ahead. I suppose a person could make two resv and cancel one before the day of arrival.

Meat

I booked a hotel at the Hampton Inn, in Irondale (or something like that). It was about 15 minute from the track and I was only charged $63/nt. Not sure if that was their regular rate or some screw-up but I will definitely check it out again.

Saltman

Might also check the hotels around hwy 280 near colonnade prky. about 20 min drive but very safe area.

Another forum guy phone banging.

booboo1

I just got back from there. If you want cheap. Super 8 in Moody. 1 exit away.$51. Not real nice but wtf. It was safe and kinda clean. 10 min to the track and lots of stuff right there. Food etc

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Leave your stuff at the track if you can, then get your room to snooze for the night.

The track is behind a gate, secured and monitored with a guard on duty all weekend long. The facility also has a guard on patrol all night long as well as all the NESBIANs camping at the track. Your stuff couldn't be safer.

Besides, then you don't have to unhook, unload and unpack in the morning. Just wake up, freshen up in the powder room, grab some breakfast and hop in the car and come to the track. Stuff your body in to your gear, roll through tech and you're ready to have a fun day.

Saltman

D-Zum;246960 wrote: Leave your stuff at the track if you can, then get your room to snooze for the night.

The track is behind a gate, secured and monitored with a guard on duty all weekend long. The facility also has a guard on patrol all night long as well as all the NESBIANs camping at the track. Your stuff couldn't be safer.

Besides, then you don't have to unhook, unload and unpack in the morning. Just wake up, freshen up in the powder room, grab some breakfast and hop in the car and come to the track. Stuff your body in to your gear, roll through tech and you're ready to have a fun day.
don't forget they have cameras everywhere too!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Saltman;246969 wrote: don't forget they have cameras everywhere too!

Dammit!!!! And I like to go streaking at night and howl at the moon!

Stupid technology ruins all my fun.

booboo1

Not to jack this, but whats with the power at Barber? They charge a boat load IMO. Plus some folks just roll up and plug in. Never having a problem. How do they know who paid or not?

Busadan

It was my bike and gear that was stolen. We actually stayed in Birmingham at the Embassy Suites. It was out first trip to Barber and we did not know where to stay. I did take my bike and trailer to track on Friday afternoon. Set up pit area and left everything there both Fri and Sat night. Packed everything up Sun and went to hotel. Went out about 3:30 in the morning to check and my bike was gone and my truck had been broken into. Have replaced everything. State Farm was very good to me.