Best VanHalen song EVER!

PJZOCC624

What's your vote and why?

Ya gotta say why, and I'll give it until next Sunday night for final judgement. Lead singer don't matter, as long as the song was a "VanHalen" song...

I am judge and jury. Don't like it? Start your own thread...

I'll tell you mine at the end.

Go...

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
"HOT for Teacher"

I was 14 when 1984 came out...

'Nuff said 'bout that.

and David Lee Roth's "California Girls" video...:wow:

Pick just one? Nonsense!!

Their first album is one of the greatest albums ever made, all the songs are great and you got eruption as well :adore:

I guess if I had to pick one song.. "I'm the one"

Ruhe52

Unchained.

Brings back memories of blowing off school with a bunch of friends and breaking into my parents lake house drinking all their booze. Then stealing the keys and hanging out on their boat barefoot'n Lauderdale style.

Van Hagar voters will be hunted down and neutered so your seed cannot destroy the gene pool.
Sammy Solo ok Sammy with Halen :puke:

TLR67

Little Guitars... Or Mean Street... Because it brings back the memories of all the bad things I did in High School listening to them...

TonyR

Even though a cheeseburger played guitar on the track, my pick is "Everbody Wants Some."

Every music fan should have the first four Van Halen and first four Black Sabbath records in their collection.

PJZOCC624

D-Zum;263062 wrote: "HOT for Teacher"
My wife is a teacher. At our bowling night, I always play it on the jukebox, give her that "How YOU doin'???" look.

She then calls me an idiot. :notsure:

:D

PJZOCC624

Ruhe52;263077 wrote: Unchained.

Brings back memories of blowing off school with a bunch of friends and breaking into my parents lake house drinking all their booze. Then stealing the keys and hanging out on their boat barefoot'n Lauderdale style
I wasn't even in Jr High when that came out. For me it conjures up memories of using a hairbrush as a microphone and jumping off the back off the couch in my own "music video"

"C'mon Dave... gimme a break!"

PJZOCC624

TonyR;263108 wrote: Even though a cheeseburger played guitar on the track, my pick is "Everbody Wants Some."
Best VH song ever to show up in a John Cusack film fo' sho'!

"Gee Rickey, I'm really sorry your mom blew up."

PJZOCC624

TimW;263049 wrote: Eruption...cuz it never got better than that.
Definitely best guitar solo of all time, but I don't consider it a "song" per se...

(Yes, I know songs can be instrumental/sans lyrics)

PJZOCC624

joelt5150;263195 wrote: Pound Cake!

using a power drill-are you kidding??
Seemed a little hokey for VH, even with Hagar.

Do you know what "5150" was in reference to ? (softball question)