BHF camping pets

Demps

Yo Yo ladies and gents.

I am coming to BHF for 1 day on the 4th of July, but was planning on camping there the night of the 3rd. I am wondering if you can have dogs????

:dunno:

rk97

eE jeremy;134690 wrote: Yup, dog friendly as long as you clean up after him/her and keep it on a leash
I'd actually look into a harness if you plan to bring your dog to the track.

My dog has only pulled out of his collar twice, but if that happens while the track is hot, it would just be bad news... My dog is used to being around bikes, so he's lost any healthy fear of the noise and speed.

a collar and leash is fine during lunch and after 5:00 though.

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread but does anyone know if BHF has electricity hook ups for campers and if so how much for the weekend?
Adam I know for a fact that my daughters would be the 1st ones to try and pet your dog if they see it. So I can relate to Greg's advice. They love dogs!

Trent1098S

They got banks of 110 hookups on the sides of all the buildings. Last year they charged $20 for a tag for the weekend. Dunno about this year, I have a genny now. Get the tag at the gate, or track down Tom the track manager. Fred will know where he's at, real nice guy.

ERB68

I have seen a few of the larger RV power hook ups. Just ask at the gate they should be able to help ya. Or find Tom :)

speedypetey66

Make sure your dog is secured when the sessions are going on. You don't want to see Fred Duncan sprinting through the paddock trying to catch your dog. And then having to apologize that a session had to be red flagged. :doh:

Trent1098S

speedypetey66;135010 wrote: Make sure your dog is secured when the sessions are going on. You don't want to see Fred Duncan sprinting through the paddock trying to catch your dog. And then having to apologize that a session had to be red flagged. :doh:
THAT WAS YOU?!!!!

You remember the announcement at lunch that day? "Today's menu special at concessions is Fried Chijuajua"

eE jeremy

As for collars that's a very good point, get something very strong, we have a shepherd puppy and we "tested" her collar out in a fenced in yard and she was able to break it free no problem at a moderate jog if a treat was involved. We found her a really good collar though on the clearance rack at petco, it's NOT a buckle together collar, it connects like a belt (with the holes and the little bar that goes through), but it's made from super thick nylon with extra re-inforcement, plus all the holes have metal gromets installed so that the bar can not pull through no matter what. This collar would hold back a small car so we're pretty confident it'll keep her safe.

Also depending on the breed of dog some might be able to back out of a collar, in this case you must use a harness, thankfully our beast's head is much bigger than her neck (we love our little bobble head)