BHF re-pave

jigs

Anyone know if the rest of the corners were done yet?? I know the bus stop was but what about 1 and 7??

jigs

I was there before those dates and I thought they some kind of repair to it at least.If it deteriorated since I don't know.I know last CCS riders meeting they said by the next event,July 26-27,they were all supposed to be done.

BLARNEY

Yessir..... it's rough when you miss the apex......

Bad left tire strip from the four wheelers.

Tom

spuds

when i was last there in april...

i noticed a "patch job" in the bus stop, and another in 5 i believe.

but thats all i know...
again that was in april....

Nolan1000

When I was there June 7-8th, Tom the track manager told me they had used a new repaving technique in the bus stop where they heat the pavement up and smooth it out. I wasn't there July 4th weekend so I don't know how its held up or if they have worked on any of the other corners.

GIXXERDAVE

Just how bad are the turns, I'm thinking of signing up after rehabbing the broken leg all summer ( I also want to take the new 750 to the track )
But if the track is crap I won't bother, last year I did a trackday at the end of the year after the track was torn up and it sucked. It's no fun dodging holes and ripped up strips of asphalt.

ThePro8

GIXXERDAVE;1330 wrote: Just how bad are the turns, I'm thinking of signing up after rehabbing the broken leg all summer ( I also want to take the new 750 to the track )
But if the track is crap I won't bother, last year I did a trackday at the end of the year after the track was torn up and it sucked. It's no fun dodging holes and ripped up strips of asphalt.
The track is still great. We are really just being picky here. I would sign up for it and have no worries what so ever, hell I can't get enough of the track!!!!

Hit your apex in the bus stop and turn one like you should and you won't ever notice anything wrong. Miss your apex and it's still not a big deal, but the CRs might not be happy with you :)

GIXXERDAVE

I agree the track is great, but when I was there last year in Sept. there was literally a hole in the bustop. I was just wondering if it is that bad again or just a little chewed up on the surface.

oldschool

I was there July 6 and I missed the apex on the bus stop a couple of times and yes there are a couple of ripples but no holes. And the ripples weren't that big of a deal. Just a reminder to hit the apex.

oldschool

And Steve, ya gotta deal with the hate thing. Or have you gotten to the point where you hate your self. If not try harder.

Andrei

track surface imperfections is a safety thing rather then "oh well I'm gonna hit that apex better next time". the latter does not cut it b/c for some , the next time may not happen. sort of like saying - ok , this track does not have an airfence or runoff so do yourself a favour and don't crash. If you do - you fail.

patches and torn payment may not be an immidiate issue in most situations. however there will be exuberances in suspension setup or rider line where the track surface will be the deciding factor.