BHF videos

BillFred

Nice, I like the helmet cam. Made me jealous. Oh well, I'm sure I would have caught some serious hell missing my daughters baptism for a track day.

You're moving Todd.

nk140

lplonske;211906 wrote: wth??? how did u not get bumped? :dunno:
I wasn't going to ask for one. I figured my riding would speak for itself. I tried to line up with a couple CRs during the day but they either forgot about our conversation or they weren't at pit out at the beginning of the session.

Nolan1000

nk140;211970 wrote: I wasn't going to ask for one. I figured my riding would speak for itself. I tried to line up with a couple CRs during the day but they either forgot about our conversation or they weren't at pit out at the beginning of the session.
It can get pretty busy sometimes and from what I saw in your video the CRs that waved you by were working with other riders. When someone asks me to ride with them I usually have them meet me by my pit by the second call and take them out directly. There's nothing wrong with asking for an eval especially when you feel confident that you're ready. It also helps to line up first on the grid. Its an unspoken way for us to know that you believe that the group captain should take a look at your riding. Hope these tips help. Your vids were pretty cool. I need to try mounting my GoPro on my helmet sometime.

chitownS4

I ran "with" you in I group on Sunday. You were really tearing it up! You passed me so many times throughout the day I lost count. Good riding!

nk140

chitownS4;212535 wrote: I ran "with" you in I group on Sunday. You were really tearing it up! You passed me so many times throughout the day I lost count. Good riding!
Thanks. I love riding with NESBA because even the I group guys are consistent enough that I feel comfortable passing them because I know they will hold their line for the most part. What were you riding?

nk140

Nolan1000;212521 wrote: It can get pretty busy sometimes and from what I saw in your video the CRs that waved you by were working with other riders. When someone asks me to ride with them I usually have them meet me by my pit by the second call and take them out directly. There's nothing wrong with asking for an eval especially when you feel confident that you're ready. It also helps to line up first on the grid. Its an unspoken way for us to know that you believe that the group captain should take a look at your riding. Hope these tips help. Your vids were pretty cool. I need to try mounting my GoPro on my helmet sometime.
Thanks for the pointers for an eval. I will have to be more forward my next time out with NESBA. I just feel you CRs have a lot on your plate and having someone bothering you during your breaks can get annoying at times, so I just try to ride my best while I am out there and hopefully I get noticed. I ran consistent 17s during Sunday afternoon when traffic wasn't too bad. I did try to line up in the first group out of the left line every time, but there seemed to be a two or three people out there ahead of me. Hopefully I will see most of the CRs again at Putnam this year (home track). This was my first time at BHF.

steve p

nk140;212652 wrote: I just feel you CRs have a lot on your plate and having someone bothering you during your breaks can get annoying at times, so I just try to ride my best while I am out there and hopefully I get noticed.
This is giant misconception. Remember, we as CR's are here for you. I'm sorry I wasn't there Saturday or Sunday. If you've never been to BHF before and you are running 17's there should be no reason for you to be in I. Video looked pretty good too. Come and find me next time and we'll take care of the eval 1st. thing in the morning.

joyride

Do you have any video from the second session on Sunday? I found a picture where you are directly behind me.

nk140

joyride;212668 wrote: Do you have any video from the second session on Sunday? I found a picture where you are directly behind me.
Sorry I only took video the 2nd to last session on Sunday. I borrowed my buddies GoPro when he didn't use it.

nk140

steve p;212657 wrote: This is giant misconception. Remember, we as CR's are here for you. I'm sorry I wasn't there Saturday or Sunday. If you've never been to BHF before and you are running 17's there should be no reason for you to be in I. Video looked pretty good too. Come and find me next time and we'll take care of the eval 1st. thing in the morning.
Ok well I will have to talk with you CRs more then. Saturday was mostly a wash but I did get 2 sessions in before the rain. Enough to learn the track somewhat for Sunday. Too bad there isn't anymore Nesba midwest events this year. I like the BHF layout and it doesn't chew up tires like Putnam. My rear looks barely worn.

chitownS4

nk140;212650 wrote: Thanks. I love riding with NESBA because even the I group guys are consistent enough that I feel comfortable passing them because I know they will hold their line for the most part. What were you riding?
I was riding a beat up 03 rattle can army greenish 600rr #44. You were really moving out there. Every time you passed me I thought to myself, "That damn AIR guy is passing me again!?" (from the letters on the back of your leathers). You even passed me in the carousel, but it didn't phase me. Just shows me how much improvement I need to make.

BillFred

Oh man, Todd's going to need a new helmet now, his head will be way too big.
Now I just need him to go racing with me, so him and I can battle for not being in last place.

pirelli

Not sure if you'll remember me but we chatted on the road in front of our pits before you went out for your last session on Sunday. We had a conversation in regards to this exact topic(bumping). You were definitely lookin good out there. I came back on Monday and actually got the bump to advance from Steve P after the first session of the day. I worked with Steve P back in July at BHF a bit, great CR. Being able to ride in the advanced group now is definitely humbling but I look forward to the challenge to improve myself while also having more fun. And let me say, damn there are some fast guys out there. I was doing all I could to pick up any details that would improve myself. If you can find Steve P at your next trackday I would definitely talk to him, great guy to work with. Look forward to seeing you at the track again sometime. Oh yea, I was riding an 08 blue R1, #41. See ya at the track man. :)

nk140

pirelli;212944 wrote: Not sure if you'll remember me but we chatted on the road in front of our pits before you went out for your last session on Sunday. We had a conversation in regards to this exact topic(bumping). You were definitely lookin good out there. I came back on Monday and actually got the bump to advance from Steve P after the first session of the day. I worked with Steve P back in July at BHF a bit, great CR. Being able to ride in the advanced group now is definitely humbling but I look forward to the challenge to improve myself while also having more fun. And let me say, damn there are some fast guys out there. I was doing all I could to pick up any details that would improve myself. If you can find Steve P at your next trackday I would definitely talk to him, great guy to work with. Look forward to seeing you at the track again sometime. Oh yea, I was riding an 08 blue R1, #41. See ya at the track man. :)
Definitely remember you. You and I had similar pace on Saturday. I will have to actually work with a CR next time. If there is any Putnam dates you can make it to this year or next hit me up.

j_fuggin_t

Nice video's and nice decisive passing there, i'm just curious how your not in :a: already, they do say that if you can run 17's at blackhawk you can run 17's at putnam and thats a damn good pace down at putnam.. and your aren't lying about blackhawk being easy on tires, 1.5 days at putnam and i used an entire sc2 rear LOL