Bike allowed in NESBA?

crewnutz

A very good friend of mine posed an interesting question to me the other day..............

he is a very competent street rider and i think hed be good on the track..........however he doesnt ride a "sport" bike anymore and has a Harley

would NESBA let someone ride a Harley in beginner group?

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
what kinda hardley??

there was a guy on a yamaha something or the other at NJMP in the intro group....rode the two sessions (in the rain) and went home.....

TwoTyres

Even in B he would be a sitting duck, will a Harley even do a ton? I think this was brought up when the motards were banned. so i would guess no.
NESBA not NEHDA. :dunno:

barry38

I would think as long as it passes tech, he's good to go. Now, I gotta ask, why would someone want to ride a Harley on the track, especially if it's an FLH type????? I did get to ride XL's and VRSC's on the track a couple years back (my first track experience) which lead to my current addiction.............

crewnutz

TwoTyres;49602 wrote: Even in B he would be a sitting duck, will a Harley even do a ton? I think this was brought up when the motards were banned. so i would guess no.
NESBA not NEHDA. :dunno:

no offense to B riders but ive seen plenty of B riders who def dont even go full throttle on the straights, i wouldnt even mention the idea if I felt hed be a hazard

if its allowed i think he would like to come to try an intro session at NJMP on the 17th

crewnutz

barry38;49604 wrote: I would think as long as it passes tech, he's good to go. Now, I gotta ask, why would someone want to ride a Harley on the track, especially if it's an FLH type????? I did get to ride XL's and VRSC's on the track a couple years back (my first track experience) which lead to my current addiction.............
i dunno what kind of Harley he would bring.........he works a dealership so theyd let him bring whatever

he just doesnt have anything else to ride on the track honestly and just wants to try it out before making considering getting any further into it

aronhalt

Lol, if he brings a dresser he can carry his lunch with him around the track.

Careful dragging parts in the corners...

TwoTyres

A buell would work but what about trade in's? I'm sure they get some kind of sportbikes traded.

How about borrowing a bike if he put up some collateral in case of wreaking it. I would let someone try out a TD on my bike if i knew them well.

Vegas

I would hate to be stuck behind a harley....but if you have the balls to go out there...do it.

Meat

Would it have tassels on it? I didn't see anything in the rulebook against tassels, but I think there should be an amendment against tassels, not for safety reasons but rather for looking like a dork. LOL!!! Ok, I am just having fun with this one.

I sure am glad I am not in B-Group. Can you imagine getting passed on your Gixxer 1000 by a Harley, in the braking zone! Oh, the humiliation!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I've seen some pros hustle cruisers around the track at a pretty good clip, but I've also been at specialty trackdays where everything and anything is allowed, and I just don't think, having seen them in action, that a cruiser is really the best thing to bring. He'll drag hard parts, and it really doesn't corner very well. It's not the top speed that'll be the problem, it's the cornering, or lack thereof. As bad67 and TwoTyres said, can he get a Buell? That would be much more enjoyable for him. But hey, I don't make the rules. If the powers that be say it's ok, then that would be your answer.

ridelater

personally i am bias on the matter, but if you banned supermoto bikes how the fuck do you let a harley on the track:argh:

Lemondrop:

There was a sticky on the subject, but now I can't find it...hmmmm.

Basically, Supermotos were not banned from all tracks just certain larger tracks as deemed appropriate by NESBA. It had to do with closing speeds and safety if memory serves and the thread turned into a real poop fest. Some peoples was pissed brother!

BZ

barry38

One of the coolest things I've ever seen was watching Nick Ienastch hustle an XL1200 Sportser with buckhorn handlebars around the track in Vegas. He was backing it into corners like a flat track bike, it was an awesome sight.

If I had a choice of which Harley to ride on the track it would be a VRSCR. Most fun HD I ever rode. It actually turns and stops. Too bad they didn't sell worth a shit. The new XR1200 looks like a blast too.

Meat

I was trying to catch Jason Pridmore at Hallet, in the pouring rain. He was on some big Suzuki cruiser and I was on my sportbike. I was going all out and he was just cruisin....and sliding. I got close to him then he just pulled away, probably unaware that some putts on a sportbike was trying to catch him.