Bike allowed in NESBA?

Matt H

For the intro group, I have seen cruisers, touring BMW's, etc. So while I won't say definitively (directors?), I would say yes for the intro group. They have been allowed before. NOt sure about a full day of beginner, but have definitely had them out there for Intro.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
ridelater;49672 wrote: personally i am bias on the matter, but if you banned supermoto bikes how the fuck do you let a harley on the track:argh:
Can't argue with that reasoning...
I could see it maybe for Intro group.

Lemon, they were banned last year from certain tracks where NESBA felt the closing speeds were too different, as they have a lower top speed. It created a huge debate, as there are other trackbikes with similar hp numbers. I think some, if they have a big enough motor (?) are allowed. I didn't follow it all that closely since I don't own one. They're allowed on the Jefferson course, and I don't know what others.

Bluenvy

ridelater;49672 wrote: personally i am bias on the matter, but if you banned supermoto bikes how the fuck do you let a harley on the track:argh:
they arent banned completely, just from some of the faster tracks. SM's can do like what, 100mph tops? some tracks like summit main you would be closing in at 60mph faster then them at the end of the straight. makes sense to me

crewnutz

okay so i think im gonna tell him to come try an intro day out

he cant borrow a Buell, the dealership doesnt sell them, theyre a die hard traditional Harley dealership............

as far as the Supermoto thing goes............i know for certainty an Aprilia 550 motard would be fine at any track NESBA goes too

ive gotten down to :43's on one at VIR North and ive seen them do :37's there :eek:

rk97

Bluenvy;49738 wrote: they arent banned completely, just from some of the faster tracks. SM's can do like what, 100mph tops? some tracks like summit main you would be closing in at 60mph faster then them at the end of the straight. makes sense to me
The thing the motard owners took issue with is that the closing-speed argument (while valid) isn't applied evenly and fairly.

A buell blast (500 single) can't hit 100mph. a ninja 250 hits 105 on its best day. even an EX500 won't break 120, and a GS500 struggles to break 110.

and there are PLENTY of "B" riders on fast bikes who brake way early for T1 and CREATE an unnecessarily high closing speed.

I support the directors' decision because it's their club to run (it is the northeast SPORTBIKE association), but I can see why people have a problem with the logic behind this particular decision.