Bike Blessing at Mooseheart

hotwings

May 15, 9 am to noon at Mooseheart in Batavia IL. What is Mooseheart? It is one of the oldest (97 years) orphanages in the USA. There are kids from all over the country here. It is located on Rt 31 between Batavia and North Aurora.

This is how it works; We get there between 8 and 9, Parking lot by the football field. Enter off of Mooseheart rd. (South End) of the property. We set up along the East side of the parking lot. Pull the bikes out, and socialize. The children start coming around 9. The "Harley guys" line up in rows, and let the kids look. Us, we let the kids sit on the bikes. You have got to see them smile. At 11 or so we go for the cruise of the campus up to the chappel. The kids from the houses wave to us as we ride by. Very cool.

My brother Dave and I had the only "race bikes" there last year. Big thanks to Greg K and David for there help.

For more info PM me here, or send me an email off the Big Meanie Web site.

www.mooseheart.org

This is just a small way to brighten a childs life. It is worth all the effort to see the kids on the bikes.

gkotlin

Yes! I went to this last year and I will be there again. It was so much fun! The kids were great. There were 200+ Harley's and cruisers. But we had a line at the 3 track bikes we had there. The kids all flocked to us and wanted to sit on them and ask questions. To bring some excitement to their lives was so awesome. I hope many many of you can make it out for this event. We'll do the blessing in the morning and then lets all go for lunch! Lets show them how great the track community is! Tell your friends, load up the trailer and come on down! RSVP to Me or Mike and we'll save you room so we can all pit together. It's a ton of fun! It's a great event! So even if you're greedy and don't want to do it for the kids, do it for yourself and come out to make a difference and help the kids have some variety in their weekend. You won't regret it.

If anyone has some ideas of what we can do or bring to make it even more memorable, let me know. Lets see just how over the top we can go!

rk97

That sounds awesome. if i can find a way to rationalize a 6.5 hour drive, i'm in. If only NESBA was riding Blackhawk on Sunday :(

gkotlin

Hmmm what if we get you some of your favorite beverage. We aren't above bribery.

mh1bb209.jpg

Just one of the many smiles of the day. Be greedy. Fill your own heart with joy and help them enjoy this great event as much as we do!

xlink

I'll try to make it this time - last time I had guests from out of town...

I'll bring two track bikes (92GSXR and 03 ZX6RR). Is it a whole day thing?

D

gkotlin

xlink;120980 wrote: I'll try to make it this time - last time I had guests from out of town...

I'll bring two track bikes (92GSXR and 03 ZX6RR). Is it a whole day thing?

D
It starts in the AM in the parking lot. We tell stories and have doughnuts. Then after a while, the kids come down from their really cool dorms and visit with us. Then we go on a ride through the property. It's like a parade! It's really neat. The kids line the street in front of their dorms and wave and cheer. We go up the chapel where they have a quick blessing ceremony for us all to be safe this riding season.

Then for the street bike people, they go on a group ride and it ended last year at Zylstra HD for a parking lot BBQ. You'd probably be done by noon I'm guessing.

The ride through the property is so cool. This is a really neat facility. So come on out and support the cause!

rk97

it'll be a long-shot that I'm actually able to make it, but just in case; would I be totally screwed without a side-stand?

I know where the side-stand IS, but the bolts that attach it to my bike are completely MIA.

hotwings

We will also be in need of a small pit crew to follow in a car with rear stands. Not one of our bikes has a side stand. Where's David at this year?

gkotlin

hotwings;121144 wrote: We will also be in need of a small pit crew to follow in a car with rear stands. Not one of our bikes has a side stand. Where's David at this year?
What he said. We typically have a chase care to take care of this issue. If you make it out, we'll figure out this small detail for you. Just bring the stand.

greeny

bike wasn't in 1 piece for the blessing last year, but now it's ready to go! just need to KEEP it in one piece.

hotwings

I'll fire up the grill at my house for lunch after the event. I'm only 3 miles from Mooseheart. The more bikes & people the better.

Hitman954

:D I'm in. Gonna bring my wife and a friend, hopefully another too. Third guy is not for sure yet. I am deffinetly in for grillin.

gkotlin

Hitman954;122853 wrote: :D I'm in. Gonna bring my wife and a friend, hopefully another too. Third guy is not for sure yet. I am deffinetly in for grillin.
Awesome! Can't wait to see you there.

xlink

It turns out I have to go to a wedding in Nashville TN on the 15th...I'll ask my brother if he wants to pick up the bikes and go...sorry I'm not gonna make it guys.

D

hotwings

Lets all ride "smart" at Mid-Ohio and keep the bikes clean. Looking for a lot more participation this year. It's 4 hours of time that will make you feel good all year long.