bike question

B. Myers

I have a chance to pick up a '04 600RR and get back to the track. Bike was raced previoulsy my expert WERA and CCS racer and sold to the current owner in '07. He has had it sitting 2 years, and is selling cause he doesnt get to the track anymore.

Bike has an '05 motor in it, Ohlins fork internals and rear done by Mike Fitzgerald, along with Ohlins steering damper. About 5k on it...full Micron exhaust. Bike rides well...brakes a little soft but that can be fixed...

Being the bike started life as a race bike, it was never titled. Original owner never gave the MSO to the current owner, Honda wont go back past a year to provide a MSO, so this would be basically a BOS bike.

I know the original owner and trying to contact him to see if he can locate the MSO, but if not...would you guys buy the bike, how bad would you think it would affect resale- of course resale would be to track folks and a year or so down the road, '04 not be that big demand.. lol. What would you offer?

Thanks folks...

rk97

Unless there's more "stuff" on the bike than just the suspension work you mentioned, I say $3k max.