Bike storage

jsin38

Specifically, bike storage in an apartment. The lease is up early next year and I have to keep my options open so I'm wondering if there are many or any of us here who have pulled the bike up from the parking garage, onto the elevator, down the hall and through the front door of an apartment. Did the neighbors flip out? Did property management threaten to evict?

noobinacan

ha haven't gone that far.
But when I was in school, I use to lock mine up in the breeze way and have kept the supermoto in the living room over the winter as a show piece. but that was 1st floor and just a matter of rolling it in.

try to get a garage for month to month or something ?

don't let anyone on the property find out for sure.
but even if they do find out, they'll just write you up for it first...so you can move it out then.

cooker1

Do it really late nobody will know and if someone sees you oh well just wait and see if anything happens !

Wawazat

I moved mine into the military barracks I was living in at the time to prevent my gixxer from getting hail damage. A week later, my buddy moved his stunt bike in to work on while he was on duty. Not a problem as long as we didn't move them into out rooms.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

ride_hard

I had three bikes in my first floor apartment two seasons ago. One in the kitchen and two in the living room. People saw me pull them all inside. I didn't find any rules in the lease agreement that were broken. I had uber clean bikes the following season, since I could work on them every night while I watched TV. DO IT!

Gorecki

If all else fails, ASK!

I've seen many, bicycles, mopeds. Can't see any real reason why not something a bit bigger. But ASK if you don't know.

tristatejames

I'm in property management and I would be ok with it. The biggest issue is the fuel. Drain it and you should be ok.

Don't ask permission. It easier to ask for forgiveness.

jsin38

Thanks for the replies! I'll be sure to measure the elevator at any possible properties too in case this does indeed need to happen.

Dieselboy

There was a guy on the R6forum who brought his bike up to the 20th floor without incidence. I usually bring mine inside for the winter.

148294_181972401815829_100000092119144_658139_2369626_n.jpg

jsin38

I like that. I'm sure the wife would love it too.

Another apartment related issue. Anyone had success using the trailer-in-a-bag? Looks, well, it looks interesting at least. Might be good enough for a run from the DC area to Summit Point and back a few times a year.

YamaR6

Just rip it down the hallway that would be something to see lol. I am still trying to talk the girlfriend into me bringing my track bike inside during the winter. I told the the garage gets too cold for me to work on it.