Bike thief Bragging on WERA

Pone

speedracer5665;197863 wrote: chris id just gassin all u up, bustin balls, looks like its workin,
don't over-think it. he's being told to fuck off. you guys know what you did, and so does everyone else. it's that simple.

Buckeye96

speedracer5665,

Just post up what trackday's you plan on attending. I just want to know when I need to be extra careful with the security of my stuff and if parts go missing who to send the police to.
thanks

Fencer

speedracer5665;197885 wrote: thats true, anyone can be knocked out.. myself and chris did get caught and 15 other guys in the case, some i didnt even no,this was pre 2005, a lesson learned . no more dirty dealing, only my kids, ride , play & work ...
While that statement is true, I would step to him in a heartbeat if he took my stuff. Hell, I am bigger than him;)

Buckeye96

So bigger question for the NESBA organization. Does NESBA want these guys on the site? Selling "stuff"? Going to trackdays? Convicted thieves who are unrepentant for what they did and still "owe" people for selling them stolen parts.

1up5down

Control Rider
Buckeye96;197903 wrote: So bigger question for the NESBA organization. Does NESBA want these guys on the site? Selling "stuff"? Going to trackdays? Convicted thieves who are unrepentant for what they did and still "owe" people for selling them stolen parts.
I agree with where you are going, however I'm not sure NESBA is in the business of convicting and sentencing people for current or past crimes. If they refused toallow scum like these guys on the forum or track and not other individuals who have done other crimes, it would not be fair or right.

So, I guess one thing we (NESBIANS) can do is to investigate and understand those who are around us. Thanks T and others for unvailing speedracer5665 and anyone else like him. We (NESBIANS) now know what kind of person speedracer5665 is. Now we(NESBIANS) can be our own judge and jury and choose not to deal with him on the forum or at the track. I don't know about you, but if I felt very unwelcome everytime I was at the track, I don't think I would be there too often. I don't care how big and bad you are, no one enjoys having their demons laid out on front street each and everytime they are around. Get what I'm saying. Call the person out each and everytime and others will avoid them like plague and they will forever remain in "time out".

Buckeye96

I kind of agree with you, it could be a slippery slope. I thought long and hard about posting that. I didn't want to call NESBA out, but I also wanted to throw that out there to at least make a conversation about it.

rk97

I wouldn't mind less anonymity in the paddock, or some kind of restriction on forum names that prevents forum anonymity. Then you at least know, or have the opportunity to know who is registered for a given event, and what bike they're on.

I make it pretty easy by posting my WERA number in my signature (links to my full name and home town on their site), and having a bike with an ugly paint job, but I understand not everyone's in that boat.

This has actually occurred to me before, when I talked with someone all weekend, and didn't realize until the following Monday that I'd 'known' them on the forum for months or years...

1up5down

Control Rider
rk97;197918 wrote: I wouldn't mind less anonymity in the paddock, or some kind of restriction on forum names that prevents forum anonymity. Then you at least know, or have the opportunity to know who is registered for a given event, and what bike they're on.

I make it pretty easy by posting my WERA number in my signature (links to my full name and home town on their site), and having a bike with an ugly paint job, but I understand not everyone's in that boat.

This has actually occurred to me before, when I talked with someone all weekend, and didn't realize until the following Monday that I'd 'known' them on the forum for months or years...
I'm on other forums where you have to use your given name as your user name, however that is not scum proof either as one can always give a fake name, unless the admins verify your info prior to granting access. Given that NESBA is non-profitl org with very, very, very limited employees I don't think that would be feasible.

The great thing about NESBA that allows NESBA to stand out and over the other orgs is the family/we take care and protect our own atmosphere. NESBA is truly an org where you can call the Directors, CRs or most long standing members and ask if they know such and such person. If that perosn has been around NESBA for any length of time and they are true a NESBIAN most would/should know them.

Why??? Well, becasue the CRs form strong bonds/ties with riders from B all the way to A. Pople in the paddock talk to each other and form bonds. Just look at the varous thread about Who's in for xyz date or roll call for xzy track. This is what make NESBA, NESBA the people of NESBA. We protect and guide our own. A family that we will not tolerate any family member acting out of character or taking advantage of other fmaily members. We should not spare the rod on any individual who threatens to destroy the loalty and trust so many good standing NESBIANS have given their sweat, time and resources to construct.

WE ARE NESBA!

- Allen (and yes that is my true name, lol)

Mikey75702

I think someone on the wera beebs let on that the posting of that bs was going to be taken seriously. Iirc, there are half a dozen Leo's local to this crew. And given how easy it has been for some of the racer businesses to reclaim money from deadbeats using the beebs, they should take that seriously. I would like to think that we protect each other pretty well, but this place is still like sesame street compared to wera. Some of those guys can get a bit vicious.

dbakerpa

Buckeye96;197897 wrote: speedracer5665,

Just post up what trackday's you plan on attending. I just want to know when I need to be extra careful with the security of my stuff and if parts go missing who to send the police to.
thanks
Police my @ss. I have some of the fine members of the bricklayers union that would be glad to do some recovery work.

Dug2

speedracer5665;197885 wrote: thats true, anyone can be knocked out.. myself and chris did get caught and 15 other guys in the case, some i didnt even no,this was pre 2005, a lesson learned . no more dirty dealing, only my kids, ride , play & work ...
glad to see yer on the up-n-up. were you violated back there in jail? :dunno:

booboo1

They ALWAYS get whats coming. Sometimes it takes a while. In the end.............in this case in both ends:haha: What a POS and he knows it.

Fencer

speedracer5665;197863 wrote: yea well i bought the stolen parts as did 99% of the people on here on wera, and 200 other sites and they all knew the deal, that was then now its a different game, yea we all did time but the dudes who stole it all didnt even do 1 day in jail, yea good system, 2 yrs 6 months and 1 day at a camp , not even any fences ,not jail like ya see on tv, it sucked but its over, chris id just gassin all u up, bustin balls, looks like its workin, he really could care less and no one will ever step to him..
I agree good system:doh:

Tell me Mike, now that you see some backlash headed your direction from Chris gassin all u up, bustin balls
is it worth it (to you)?

And why the extra number in your name here? when your race plate was 565?

And again, your last statment, I would not put money on that. Your boy Chris aint Phil Baroni (the New York badass).

Hitman954

ppppffffttt city folk. Talkin about steppin and such. Rediculous. People like ya'll can dissapear and never be missed, and never be found. Hell "accidents" happen on the river all the time. Bustin balls for fun? Keep on havin fun, all fun comes to an end sometime.

j_fuggin_t

Hitman954;198134 wrote: ppppffffttt city folk. Talkin about steppin and such. Rediculous. People like ya'll can dissapear and never be missed, and never be found. Hell "accidents" happen on the river all the time. Bustin balls for fun? Keep on havin fun, all fun comes to an end sometime.
:agree: :rtfm:

RADAR Magnet

1up5down;197912 wrote: I agree with where you are going, however I'm not sure NESBA is in the business of convicting and sentencing people for current or past crimes. If they refused toallow scum like these guys on the forum or track and not other individuals who have done other crimes, it would not be fair or right.
NESBA is a CLUB, right? We all pour plenty of blood, sweat, tears and dollars into our bikes and gear. Why shouldn't we discriminate against known bike thieves?

If someone in the investment industry is convicted of securities law they may serve their time and pay their debt to society and still not be allowed to work in the investment industry for the rest of their lives. Someone convicted of pedophilia may pay their debt and still never be allowed around kids again. Why should convicted bike thieves be allowed around a bunch of bikes? Are they immune to recidivism? Trust is earned, not given.