Black Friday Targets?

RADAR Magnet

Anybody got there eyes on particular gear that may be on sale next Friday? Motorcycle lift, torque wrenches, stands, warmers, suits, helmets etc. Whose seen what that might be a good deal?

I'm thinking about a lift from Harbor Freight; heard it's pretty good if you put a better chick on it. I'd like to get a torque wrench too but could use some suggestions. And maybe a backup pair of boots if there's a good deal. What's everyone else looking for?

bmrboy

RADAR Magnet;294854 wrote: Anybody got there eyes on particular gear that may be on sale next Friday? Motorcycle lift, torque wrenches, stands, warmers, suits, helmets etc. Whose seen what that might be a good deal?

I'm thinking about a lift from Harbor Freight; heard it's pretty good if you put a better chick on it. I'd like to get a torque wrench too but could use some suggestions. And maybe a backup pair of boots if there's a good deal. What's everyone else looking for?

Get the Lift ..... worth every penny ...... :agree:

PJZOCC624

RADAR Magnet;294854 wrote:

I'm thinking about a lift from Harbor Freight; heard it's pretty good if you put a better chick on it.
HF is including a chick with their lifts????

Now THAT'S a helluva black Friday deal!!! (Don't know how I'd explain it to the wife...)

:D

RADAR Magnet

PJZOCC624;295215 wrote: HF is including a chick with their lifts????

Now THAT'S a helluva black Friday deal!!! (Don't know how I'd explain it to the wife...)

Yeah, that would be a helluva deal!

dickiedoo;295219 wrote:
I don't do the BF stuff. We hang with the family all day and the next morning we do a huge breakfast together.
I hear ya, no going to stores and getting trampled for me either; kicking back with some coffee and using the power of the internet here!

RADAR Magnet

Looks like the lift is on sale for $299. If anyone has recommendations for torque wrenches to get or avoid I'd appreciate it.

Off Camber

RADAR Magnet;294854 wrote: Anybody got there eyes on particular gear that may be on sale next Friday? Motorcycle lift, torque wrenches, stands, warmers, suits, helmets etc. Whose seen what that might be a good deal?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Is this what you are looking for?
I saw this on CL:
Harbor Freight Motorcycle/ATV Lift - $60 (Herndon)

00J0J_foNODEoq67G_600x450.jpg

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mpo/4217059204.html

RADAR Magnet

No, this is what I'm talking about; picked it up last night. Now I just need to get something like this heater to keep me warm and toasty!

bmrboy

RADAR Magnet;295348 wrote: No, this is what I'm talking about; picked it up last night. Now I just need to get something like this heater to keep me warm and toasty!

That's the lift you want ..... worth every penny.... :agree:

RADAR Magnet

bmrboy;295351 wrote: That's the lift you want ..... worth every penny.... :agree:
Yep, picked up a wheel chock too; will use it with my rear stand to keep the bike secure while on it; looking forward to an easier offseason.

mjkuhno

I picked up the lift table a few months ago and the front wheel chock too (I think it was $25) and I love it! I drilled the lift to mount the front chock and I put the rear on a stand too for stability.

Two recommendations for you:

- if you haven't already - make sure to fill the hydraulic fluid in the cylinder; they ship dry. If you don't fill the cylinder the lift will lose pressure and not stay up. I also use the restraining pin in the lift to make sure it doesn't unexpectedly go down.

- when I was prepping the bike for Barber I realized that the chock needed to come off to remove the front tire :doh: If you're going to use the lift to mount/swap tires or do front end work make sure to measure the room needed for a front stand. You may be able to keep the front chock on depending on the front stand but I have to remove mine.

Good luck with the lift table; certainly helps with work and saves your back too!

ceptorman

PJZOCC624;295215 wrote: HF is including a chick with their lifts????

If it's from HF, I'll bet she's ugly!:eek:

RADAR Magnet

mjkuhno;295447 wrote: I picked up the lift table a few months ago and the front wheel chock too (I think it was $25) and I love it! I drilled the lift to mount the front chock and I put the rear on a stand too for stability.

Two recommendations for you:

- if you haven't already - make sure to fill the hydraulic fluid in the cylinder; they ship dry. If you don't fill the cylinder the lift will lose pressure and not stay up. I also use the restraining pin in the lift to make sure it doesn't unexpectedly go down.

- when I was prepping the bike for Barber I realized that the chock needed to come off to remove the front tire :doh: If you're going to use the lift to mount/swap tires or do front end work make sure to measure the room needed for a front stand. You may be able to keep the front chock on depending on the front stand but I have to remove mine.

Good luck with the lift table; certainly helps with work and saves your back too!
Thanks for the tips. I read about the fluid and bought some with the stand but hadn't thought about the chock's impact on removing the wheel; will factor that in when mounting.

Ruhe52

Handy with front and rear extensions can put bike up on front and rear stands no need to remove or mess with chock.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

RADAR Magnet

Ruhe52;295519 wrote: Handy with front and rear extensions can put bike up on front and rear stands no need to remove or mess with chock.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to put it together and start wrenching; can feel the testosterone rising now!

betarace

RADAR Magnet;295534 wrote: Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to put it together and start wrenching; can feel the testosterone rising now!
If you need a hand, shoot me a pm. Just down the road.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
betarace;295542 wrote: If you need a hand job, shoot me a pm. Just down the road.
Fixed it for ya.

REALLY Steve? You didn't see the opening there? You're slippin' Buddy!

Edit: I'm sure I'll pay the price for this one with some creative photo shop revenge..but it was worth it.

RADAR Magnet

Man Steve, I was gonna say you could definitely come over and help 'cause it's so heavy but now I don't know; not sure I want to give rise to any rumors; D-Zum may have done you a favor!