Blackhawk Farms Roll Call June 11-12

stkr

gkotlin;193542 wrote: New for this year! No passing on the straights! Man up people........
That could make it quite interesting. At least my old blue bike would have a fighting chance then. ;)

dlockhart5x

gkotlin;193542 wrote: New for this year! No passing on the straights! Man up people........
Going to give BHF a try sunday, the straight is the only part I remember :notsure:

I expect to be slow and lost for a while, but I need some seat time prior to WERA beaver in a couple weeks
A dozen laps in the rain does not make for much of a season (so far )

I may even try riding a new fangled 4 stroke 600 It is very heavy but has this magic button that brings it to life.

stkr

dlockhart5x;193588 wrote: I may even try riding a new fangled 4 stroke 600 It is very heavy but has this magic button that brings it to life.
I think that's called the "start" button. :cool:

Randal03r1

Control Rider
dlockhart5x;193588 wrote: Going to give BHF a try sunday, the straight is the only part I remember :notsure:

I expect to be slow and lost for a while, but I need some seat time prior to WERA beaver in a couple weeks
A dozen laps in the rain does not make for much of a season (so far )

I may even try riding a new fangled 4 stroke 600 It is very heavy but has this magic button that brings it to life.
Heck yeah! We will be representing the Mid-west!

j_fuggin_t

gkotlin;193542 wrote: New for this year! No passing on the straights! Man up people........:eek: ahh hell fugg it :dunno: i'm IN
TheGrouch;193577 wrote: Some cooler temps rolling in for the weekend! :D
that will be NICE!! work is insane at the moment
gkotlin;193600 wrote:
Sorry to offend your man hood.

Guess you start up front
:haha:

27Ducati

I'm in for Sunday (Dog sitting on Saturday). Definitely looking forward to working on my skills and hopefully shaving off some time.

Is Turn One going to be there?

k38s

Hey guys I am thinking about coming up to the Blackhawk Farms track day with NESBA this weekend but before I do I have a few questions for the members here.

I will sum up my history as not to bore anyone too much. I have never tracked a bike before, hell I have not even ridden one in quite a loooong time. I use to own a 1988 Hurricane when I was younger and always thought taking a bike to the track would be a blast (I track my STI regularly).

Last week I bought a 2003 SV650 that is track ready. My plan was to do a MSF course to knock the rust off and then do a track weekend. My schedule is not jiving with NESBA's very well and this weekend may be the best chance I have of seeing the track for a few months. I have asked on this forum before and have come to the conclusion that NESBA would be a great place to start as a noob. My only concern is going to be pissing people off for "driving Miss. Daisy" all weekend.

So what say you. Stick with the original plan and do the MSF course first or register and get out there with NESBA this weekend?

TheGrouch

k38s;193677 wrote: Hey guys I am thinking about coming up to the Blackhawk Farms track day with NESBA this weekend but before I do I have a few questions for the members here.

I will sum up my history as not to bore anyone too much. I have never tracked a bike before, hell I have not even ridden one in quite a loooong time. I use to own a 1988 Hurricane when I was younger and always thought taking a bike to the track would be a blast (I track my STI regularly).

Last week I bought a 2003 SV650 that is track ready. My plan was to do a MSF course to knock the rust off and then do a track weekend. My schedule is not jiving with NESBA's very well and this weekend may be the best chance I have of seeing the track for a few months. I have asked on this forum before and have come to the conclusion that NESBA would be a great place to start as a noob. My only concern is going to be pissing people off for "driving Miss. Daisy" all weekend.

So what say you. Stick with the original plan and do the MSF course first or register and get out there with NESBA this weekend?
Come out and find a Control Rider (orange shirt). We're hear to help and would be glad to work with you. Don't worry about your speed...others will find their way around you. That's their job...yours is just to ride a smooth, predictable line. Heck, I'm not fast for an Advanced rider, but the fast guys always find a way around me. I think they might even enjoy me being there. It pads their egos. :)

dlockhart5x

k38s;193677 wrote: Hey guys I am thinking about coming up to the Blackhawk Farms track day with NESBA this weekend but before I do I have a few questions for the members here.

Get a lap or two in around your block or sit on the bike in the garage making motor noises to shake off the rust , and come on out. You will build speed as you get comfortable, and with the super awesome CRs helping, I doubt you will be hauling Miss Daisy for long.

greeny

27Ducati;193650 wrote: I'm in for Sunday (Dog sitting on Saturday). Definitely looking forward to working on my skills and hopefully shaving off some time.

Is Turn One going to be there?
yup! and so will T2-T7. but yeah they're gonna be there

Hitman954

K38S, dude come on out!! MSF corse wont do jack for you, and you'll have the time of your life. SV650 is perfect for the track!! We would love to have you here slow or fast we don't care. The CR's are some of the best you'll find and they will teach you how to be smooth and consistent. Hope to see ya out there.-Brent

I've ridden in those STI's on the track, man what a fricken blast!!