Blackhawk - Sunday Intro Bike?

TheGrouch

Wondering if anyone can jog my memory on the bike model of the Intro guy from Sunday. Older, red, non-sportbike. It had a funky name and I'm struggling to remember it.

Or, if you know the photogs website, I'm sure he's got a pic or two on there.

geekmug

If you are talking about the bike that I think you are talking about, then I think you are talking about the UJM, which just guessing from the videos I captured on my way past :p, was a Kawasaki Zephyr 550? If that's not right, I can take some screencaps if it would jog your memory, but I couldn't make out the writing on it despite the HD.

racer23

Yep, it was an Ascot.
He came to watch on Saturday, liked it so much he stayed and watched through the rain, and came back on Sunday and signed up for intro.

Welcome to the addiction!

Brandon_oma#692

I had a great time this weekend. I am really bad with names but would really like to thank whoever loaned me the leathers. A big thanks to the cr that i followed in session 2 and talked with after also the group as a whole.
Sadly the ascot may be on its way to a new owner. I am taking a 99 zx6 of my friends for a test ride after work today and tomorrow if the weather holds. Hopefully it is more comfortale to ride longer than the ascot is. I plan on trading my 99 ktm 200 mxc (my old racebike) and the ascot for the zx6 if I like it. I have tried to find information online for this bike but all I seem to find is zx6r. Can anybody poinnt me in the right direction?

Malik629

Brandon_oma#692;133155 wrote: I plan on trading my 99 ktm 200 mxc (my old racebike) and the ascot for the zx6 if I like it. I have tried to find information online for this bike but all I seem to find is zx6r. Can anybody poinnt me in the right direction?
zx6e
99zx623m47bi.jpg

or zx6r?
The%20Champ%20-%20ZX6R.jpg

TheGrouch

Brandon_oma#692;133155 wrote: I had a great time this weekend. I am really bad with names but would really like to thank whoever loaned me the leathers. A big thanks to the cr that i followed in session 2 and talked with after also the group as a whole.
Sadly the ascot may be on its way to a new owner. I am taking a 99 zx6 of my friends for a test ride after work today and tomorrow if the weather holds. Hopefully it is more comfortale to ride longer than the ascot is. I plan on trading my 99 ktm 200 mxc (my old racebike) and the ascot for the zx6 if I like it. I have tried to find information online for this bike but all I seem to find is zx6r. Can anybody poinnt me in the right direction?

Yeah, that was me. I was trying to relay what bike you were on to a buddy and drew a blank. Hope to see you out again soon!

phoenix

Brandon_oma#692;133170 wrote: insurance called back they have a mistake in the database bike is a zx6r but comes up as a zx6e when making a quote.
Kawasaki is really at fault here. They play with model names too much.

The ZX6E, or often just called a ZX6 is shown as that red bike above (it was not sold with luggage). That's how the ZX6 looked from 1993 to 2003. In 2003 it was renamed the ZZR600 here in the US. And then in 2005, Kawasaki made the "old" ZX6R model into the ZZR600. The "old" ZX6R was in production prior to 2001, and matches the lower green bike picture. In about 2002 Kawasaki did a big remodel to the ZX6R and it came out with a 636cc engine. At the same time they came out with the ZX6RR which was supposed to be the homologated race bike (600cc). Later the ZX6R and ZX6RR were narrowed down to just one 600cc model, I think in 2007 or 2008.

The guys at www.zx6e.net know this story backwards and forwards. I had a 2001 ZX6E. BAck in the 90's it WAS the 600cc race bike from Kawasaki. By today's standards, its gentle on the ergonomics, it has a soft suspension and it is carburated. Plenty of people have taken a ZX6E on the track. Its all about what you want to do.

ERB68

Brandon_oma#692;133155 wrote: I had a great time this weekend. I am really bad with names but would really like to thank whoever loaned me the leathers. A big thanks to the cr that i followed in session 2 and talked with after also the group as a whole.
I was the guy that loaned you the leathers.

I'm glad you had fun.

See ya around.

clandestiny

Glad you got out there sunday. I remember briefly talking to you at the rider meeting. There are alot of good guys (and girls) here, if you need anything dont hesitate to ask. I havent met a person yet who isnt willing to help out a new person.

Hope to see you again.

Kraig