Blackhawk Video

kbonigut

Lol

I almost just spit a diet coke all over my keyboard watching this. you guys were hauling so much ass that the rear facing camera shot confused the crap out of me, "you cant go that fast thru the bus stop", "that must be wrong". At that speed it looked like a totally different track. awesome riding, but you probably already knew that :)

lplonske

bart,
i'm not a fan of the patches, it looks like y'all dot even ride on them? true? maybe a bit on exit T1

Patches are in T1 and T7 That is the first turn and last turn. You nip the patch on entry and exit for both. I think that's the fastest line. In the rain it might change of course. Use the patch work to nail your line. It gives you something to aim for.

csteger03

For some reason I find myself trying to avoid the patches. This throws my line of completly and I lose alot on exit. It's totally mental and I'll just have to practice different lines. I think your right Bart, you pretty much have to hit it on the way in and the way out... and ride the seam or a little inside at the apex...

ERB68

Just so you know @ the 8 min. mark you get pasted and claim it was Jason again. It wasn't, it was Mike Ayers.
Jason does pass you again later but the all black bike was Mike. He will have his new vinyl wrap on this weekend. It was a CBR1000RR.

jonw189

csteger03;241704 wrote: For some reason I find myself trying to avoid the patches. This throws my line of completly and I lose alot on exit. It's totally mental and I'll just have to practice different lines. I think your right Bart, you pretty much have to hit it on the way in and the way out... and ride the seam or a little inside at the apex...
The cars really tore up the new patches, but I ran on them a couple times and there was quite a bit of grip and it was too bumpy. The seems freaked me out a bit but, its just inside of the apex in 1 and 7 so it wasn't too bad.

alocker

I almost highsided coming out of turn 1 this Sunday from the bump. The transition back to the old pavement is pretty bad. Grip seemed ok though.

27Ducati

It's the same for everybody. Water likes to seep up in the seam in turn 1. I didn't notice the cars had torn up any pavement but I was last there on the 9th.

Kegger

Ill agree with Alex here, the exit of one will buck you pretty good if you have a good drive and come across it just right.

alocker

I want to say towards the outside of the patch will make your drive a little slappy happy. I plan to keep it tighter on exit.

j_fuggin_t

i wouldn't worry about any of them, the patches are now fucked anyhow LOL, the hole in the middle of 7 is just dandy & the rippling/cratering in 1 is awesome too, not to mention the huge lip on the inside of 1 :haha: they should have left it how it was, it was better off

some guy #2

^Yeah. For how messed up those turns were it wasn't a problem other than you couldn't pass on the outside. We'll see how it fares come June with WERA :)