Bluegrass

Morph

Control Rider
Ok ...I can't take it anymore. This thread is just plain ole TACKY. Please show better couth in the future.

1literduceater

Sorry dude.....I saw the thread, checked on the tracks we ride, saw that is was listed, googled it, mapquested it, then came back here and posted up that I wouldnt mind checking it out. Didnt mean to be the straw that broke the camels back.

rk97

it's "tacky" to talk about anything other than riding with NESBA on this board?

what about the "racing" section? is mentioning WERA, or CCS "tacky" too? No one is bashing NESBA, or plugging (or even naming) any other org. Was the Calabogie thread "tacky?"

Poper

rk97;39995 wrote: it's "tacky" to talk about anything other than riding with NESBA on this board?

what about the "racing" section? is mentioning WERA, or CCS "tacky" too? No one is bashing NESBA, or plugging (or even naming) any other org. Was the Calabogie thread "tacky?"
Agreed, in too many ways to list.

Morph

Control Rider
It's tacky too talk about a competitors event on this board.Apple to Apples? WERA and CSS are race orgs not track day orgs. I didn't see the Calabogie thread so I won't address it. But look alot of people spend and have spent alot of time, money, sweat, stress and general hard work to make this club as great as it is. Really I'm not trying to bash anyone personally. But I find it tacky to advertise a competitors event here.

I guess the bottom line is. To me to post a competitors event here, with no reguard or respect too the people who work hard to make this club great. Just my opinion.

rk97

I guess i don't view any of this as 'advertising a competitor's event' as much as a discussion about a track - one which NESBA currently does not have scheduled.

I do understand where you're coming from, but I don't think NESBA and STT are an 'apples to apple' comparison either. as you pointed out, NESBA is a club, and STT is a business. whether or not that makes them "competitors" is a debate we don't need to start.

Even so, i would be more inclined to agree with your stance if NESBA had any Bluegrass dates on the schedule. I will grant you that I would probably be at NJMP with NESBA 4/11 if I weren't going to be at Bluegrass that weekend, but from that perspective WERA and CCS are just as much "competitors" of NESBA as STT, no?

I love your passion for NESBA, Morph, and if these posts/threads offend you, I'll certainly avoid them in the future out of respect for your views, but I don't believe anyone here meant to DISrespect NESBA.

daddyo

I wasn't trying to "start " anytning with my Question, just wandering if I might see any Nesbians on aparticular day, at a particular place.

DB_ZX10r

It's not apples to apples or oranges to oranges. For example, I live in Indiana. The track to the north of me is Grattan, to the east is Mid-Ohio, to the south is Bluegrass, and to the west is Putnam. My first choice is to ride with NESBA, for many of the reasons that have been stated numerous times. But...... Nesba doesn't (at this time) participate or do trackdays at 3 out of 4 of those venues. When I do Putnam it's ony with NESBA but since they don't do the 3 other tracks, if I want to ride local I must go to another organization. It doesn't make me anti-nesba or pro-another group. It's like buying american. I try, as hard as it is to buy american if possible. But when I shop for a new sportbike I buy japanese, why? Because the american companies (harley & victory) don't make the type bikes I want. Does this make me unamerican? I think not! My allegience is still to this country and it's product. But when it just doesn't supply what I'm looking for I must go elsewhere. It's the same with the trackdays. Now..................................................................... if NESBA would hurry up and post their Bluegrass trackday dates I could go and spend my credits :D or at least announce that we aren't riding there this season and I could spend them on Barber or Rd Atlanta or maybe a VIR date :D

1literduceater

I am kicking the dead horse one more time....just want to clear up my post.....I did not mention any dates or other clubs....I looked at the track...it looks fun.....I am waiting for Nesba's dates. That is all.

:D

rk97

this is why NESBA doesn't post dates until they're confirmed.

Bluegrass 4/11 & 4/12 - CANCELED

DB_ZX10r

rk97;42833 wrote: this is why NESBA doesn't post dates until they're confirmed.

Bluegrass 4/11 & 4/12 - CANCELED

Bluegrass has announced their schedule for the year and NESBA isn't on it at all so NESBA had nothing to post.

rk97

I'll be the first to admit that I was (am) royally pissed off when I posted that, so it was written and phrased in haste.

is it STT's "fault" that the track isn't going to be ready in time? no, but that doesn't make me any happier about it.

I only meant to point out that I have a new appreciation for NESBA's approach: Don't post anything until it's finalized, and then deliver on the promises made. If there aren't going to be any Bluegrass dates, I can live with that. I actually prefer that to telling me there will be 10 and then only delivering 8.

DB_ZX10r

rk97;42937 wrote: I'll be the first to admit that I was (am) royally pissed off when I posted that, so it was written and phrased in haste.

is it STT's "fault" that the track isn't going to be ready in time? no, but that doesn't make me any happier about it.

I only meant to point out that I have a new appreciation for NESBA's approach: Don't post anything until it's finalized, and then deliver on the promises made. If there aren't going to be any Bluegrass dates, I can live with that. I actually prefer that to telling me there will be 10 and then only delivering 8.

RK, I understand where you're coming from. But NESBA cancels days too as some things are just out of their hands. If I'm correct they canceled either a Barber or Rd Atlanta the beginning of this year due to weather. It happens!! The part that bothers me is that NESBA won't just say we're not going to ride there. In fact they once posted "we definitely will be at bluegrass" but it's not happening. The same thing happened at Grattan, we use to ride there and then one season it wasn't there. When continously asked by people they would never just come out and state the facts, that we aren't riding there. I appreciate NESBA also and feel they're a fine organization but just wish they'd be a little more honest or open with its members

Dan

TN10R

NESBA canceled 4/11 at Pacific, and 2 different weekends in July at Barber this year that I know of. Sh!t happens. I'm tried of people acting like NESBA's schedule is holy scripture.

They list both Bluegrass and little tally as tracks they attend, but apparently have no intention of booking any dates. It's been like pulling teeth to get NESBA to openly state this information. It's been very frustrating waiting for information, and having people make claims about NESBA's "holy scripture" status only makes it worse.