Board spam

betarace

Is there any way we can tighten up the board signup protocol. These asshole spammers on "watching movies online" are a PITA. Perhaps a question that only a NESBA member or prospective member might know? like: "Who is the biggest DBAG in NESBA?" "DZUM"

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I always click the report button on the upper right of the post. Who on the board then has the permissions to go on and remove it? I report it but no one seems to the go in and delete it. Does only the web administrator have access to delete, or others? There was talk at one point of allowing the CRs access to delete it.

avizpls

#11-A
Maybe theres a hesitation to handing out power to members. Its been a while since I ran a board, but at the time there were different levels of authority that admins could have. I dont think that the power to remove posts MUST go along with, say, editing others posts, banning members, etc... I mean.....its a dirty job, but someones got to do it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
avizpls;274942 wrote: Maybe theres a hesitation to handing out power to members. Its been a while since I ran a board, but at the time there were different levels of authority that admins could have. I dont think that the power to remove posts MUST go along with, say, editing others posts, banning members, etc... I mean.....its a dirty job, but someones got to do it.
That's fine and certainly understandable. Hence why I'd thought I'd heard they were going to give the CRs the authority to delete it.

Gorecki

I'll just jump in the defense of the admins. I believe this place is already setup for manual approvals and some user accounts are nearly impossible to tell they're bad. I run a few boards like this and my largest safe check has been IP address geographic origin which still isn't 100% reliable.

Frankly, I'm more annoyed my email address had been given to TWISTEDCORE without my approval. :rolleyes:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
HondaGalToo;274940 wrote: I've volunteered in the past and gotten no response. Not even a "no thanks".
Make that two! I moderate several other boards also. Not much to it, really. It is fun checking the IP addresses of the spammers to see where they come from. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Steamer;275086 wrote: I try to delete them as fast as I see them. But I'm not always on the board on the weekends.
Does it help you out that I click the "report" button on the upper right of the post? Does that report go to you? If it helps I'll continue to do that.