Body work......armour bodies or hot bodies?

noupf

Just curious what peoples thoughts are on either of these. I know AB is great stuff, but I found a buy one get one free for hot bodies body work on sport bike track gear and was thinking about getting the hot bodies. for the price you can't beat it....no ?

2trill357

The Armour Bodies would be the best option. The HotBodies will shatter into 1000 pieces if you wreck....speaking from experience.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I own a body shop and paint bodywork quite a bit and can tell you the quality of the armour bodies is far superior to hot bodies. They are also a nesba sponsor so you get a nice discount on them

NickMcCoy

As good as Armour Bodies are for fit and flexibility, I've crashed once on each side of my current set and the upper was messed up pretty bad both times. The crashes were minor, nothing broken, just rashed pegs and clip-ons, but the bodywork broke both times. Since everyone says they are great I was pretty disappointed with the damage.

alocker

I have heard the HB stuff has improved in quality the last few years. I have also completely destroyed a set of AB in one crash. If I could get 2 sets for the price of one, I would get the 2 sets.

jfeagin

Never had the Hot Bodies, so I can't say anything about it, but 2-for-1 is not to be sneezed at.

I have crashed twice on my Armour Bodies and if my fiberglass repair skills were worth mentioning, you'd never know. As it is, I like safety wire and zip ties.

j_fuggin_t

If they are willing to give a set away for free what would that tell you? I've seen many sets of hotbodies that are complete garbage, as well as their street stuff, I've got a set on a/b on my zx6r and also had a set for my 600rr both were great..

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I've never used AB because they did not make a set for my 2003 636. I have used Hot Bodies and they were a pain to mount. The dimples didn't come close to where the holes actually needed to be. I've heard AB is dead on and easy as pie to mount. For normal price of 1 set, I would get AB but HB has the bogo sale going on over on the WERA boards. At that price hard to beat...

clandestiny

Gotta give AB credit, they fit excellent and oh so light.

One player that hasnt been named is old faithful, Sharkskinz.
I can attest to their strength. Multiple downs on them over the years. Worst I ever had to do was refiberglass a burnthrough spot and where one of the holes I drilled ripped through (60-70 mph lowside both times).

jsin38

Hotbodies is garbage. Ordered a HB tail section for the SV back in '09 and it was not anywhere close to the Sharkskinz in terms of fit and durability.

01wj

+1 on the Sharkskinz. I have Armour Bodies on my R1 and in all honesty was pretty dissapointed in the fitment, especially after reading about how great they were. Spoke with Andrew Swenson and came to the conclusion they are good, but not every set is consistantly good. Now I have Sharkskinz on my R6 and couldnt be happier.