Brake lever guards

maraujo

What do you guys use or recommend as a brake lever guard
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
The woodcraft ones are priced reasonably and easy to install.

I've had a situation where I was bumped by another rider and he ripped my lever out of my master cylinder. Not a fun experience. These are worth it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I have the one by GP tech. I like that ot doesn't attach to the end of the bars. Figure out where you have room/want to install. Lots of good options including the Woodcrafts

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Love my Woodcraft lever guard. It's one of the cheapest lever guards that does the same job as the more expensive ones.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I have used Woodcraft as well and they are VERY solid. They are designed to protect your hand as well in case of a crash. I recently have been running a Grave Motorsports guard and really like it. It is designed with a drop so that you can slide your hand to the end of the throttle without affecting hand position. When I ride I can't even tell it's there.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
can somebody please explain to me the purpose of these things? I just dont see it

This happened in turn 7 at Road Atlanta. Buddy made an inside pass on me right before the apex. Our tires made contact for a split second, so you can say there wasn't a whole lot of clearance between us. It wasn't the only time this season I have made contact (both bike and body) with others while racing. The lever guard gives me the peace of mind that someone won't accidently lock up my front brake on me.

To be perfectly honest, you shouldn't ever make passes like this at track days, but sometimes shit happens - people come into a corner too hot, don't hold their line, etc. It's a small price for peace of mind for that "just in case" moment. The last time I crashed the passenger side, it did a nice job of providing a buffer between my digits and the ground.

Attachments

• 10624669_10204972183249469_4381859177825391026_n.jpg
    10624669_10204972183249469_4381859177825391026_n.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 32