Brake line question Bridge or not?

tholla

Does it matter if you bridge the front SS brake lines or not? Does it not make any difference? Im not going pro.... so this is most likely a stupid question. My buddy has his GR SS lines bridged and i was thinking of taking his off his bike but then I thought buy new and go straight from caliper to MC with no bridge.

What do YOU have on your bike?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
It's not a stupid question everyone will have different opinions though. If you want to get the most from your braking system, your thought is correct. Go straight from the master cylinder to the calipers, you won't be disappointed. I’m not sure what brake lines you currently have and you may already know you’ll need the longer banjo bolt if you decide to make the change. :cool:

avizpls

#11-A
All logic says it shouldn't make a difference, but the increased wear of the left caliper pads over the right says otherwise. Best way is two lines, one to each caliper from the master.

And anyone that disagrees with me is a clam chowder head.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I always believed that one separate line to each caliper was the way to go. However, installing a brake lever guard made the required double banjo bolt a tight fit. So I replaced my lines with ones with a "bridge" - the Goodridge superbike pros. The single line and banjo bolt from the master made for a neater, tidier install. I didn't notice any change in braking or different pad wear. At least not yet. Can't go wrong with either kind of set up. Main thing is to have those stock rubber lines replaced with braided steel or kevlar.

I like clam chowder, but I'm no chowder head.

crewnutz

not true

most WSBK level bikes and MotoGP bikes use a bridge as this is where they put a brake pressure sensor for data acquisition...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
crewnutz;298019 wrote: not true

most WSBK level bikes and MotoGP bikes use a bridge as this is where they put a brake pressure sensor for data acquisition...
Thanks, good info. Thanks for dispelling the single line myth! I thought my brakes felt just as good with the bridge set up as with my previous single line, and it sure makes it cleaner around the master cylinder!

avizpls

#11-A
I have the bridge type setup on mine and its fine. That guy is kinda bipolar, just ignore him and his delicious insults.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
crewnutz;298019 wrote: not true

Yeah Bro, I’m not surprised about the WSBK and MotoGP bikes, where’re talking about an entire different level of riding right there. Most of the fast people I know go from the MC straight to the calipers. Rider preference, some say tomatoe some say tomato… :D

StreetRider

Building on the comment about brake sensor, can you put one on the dual line setup, and if so-where would you put it exactly?

Lonewrench

avizpls;297863 wrote: All logic says it shouldn't make a difference, but the increased wear of the left caliper pads over the right says otherwise. Best way is two lines, one to each caliper from the master.

And anyone that disagrees with me is a clam chowder head.
Come on man, that is likely one of the most ridiculous things to say. If you have a pad wear issue where one side wears sooner than the other you have caliper issues. The best brake line routing is one line to a T to two lines one to each caliper. When you add another line you automaticlly ad banjo fittings and a place for air to hide and braking force is less. Look at how a superbike line kit is laid out. Every body makes one just pick one and be done with it.