Breaks Issue

dleorda

I have a 2005 R1 and I replaced the front braking fluid with Castrol Synthetic (exceeds DOT4 requirements). I bled the lines (at the master cylinder and at each caliper). The lever is firm, and no air came out from the lines. During the test ride, the bike does not handle/brake good at all. I ran it with the brakes on, thinking there is some fluid/water on the pads. Got off the bike, and noticed the left rotor is HOT, while the right one is barely warm. For some reason, it looks like there is no pressure applied on the right caliper, however I re-bled the lines a few times. Any thoughts? Sugestions?

Thanks,
Dan

beac83

Sticky Caliper?

Pull the right caliper and see if the pads move when you pull the lever a bit. If they don't, it's time to clean the caliper, or maybe even rebuild it with new seals, etc.

dleorda

I don't think that' the issue. I just checked, and both calipers are moving. It appears that there is still air in the lines, as pressure is not applied equally on both discs (that's why one gets hot and the other not when I purposly rode with the breaks on). I will check it again tomorrow, when I get a little more break fluid and bleed the right side more.

Thanks for the replies.