Brembo HP Bleeding trouble

seatec

I recently mounted the hp brembo calipers. Already had the RCS MC and all was working well at Barber last week. Now i took the stock claipers off and mounted the brembos and for the life of me i can;t seem to get the lines to bleed right. Have a vacuum pump hoocked up to the one of the caliper bleeders. all other bleders are tight. Open rezzy. starg a vacuum wiht the pump and crack the bleeder on one of the calipers. nothing!!!!! I've repeated this for maybe 50 times but i cant seem to get any fluid sucked down into the lines.

Any tips?

Matt

i've been finding bleeding the RCS is a pain in the ass.

I don't think it's your calipers unless you left the plug in them!

seatec

i even pre filed the calipers with oil AFTER i pulled the blue plugs out. lol. The lever (with a completely closed system) has no resistance what so ever.

stow

Try the old method of pumping the lever, squeezing the lever, and cracking the bleeder open briefly. Start at the master and work your way down to the calipers.

seatec

did that. pump the lever and while holding the lever down open the bleeder and close before releasing lever. not working. maybe i have a blockage in the rezzy

stow

I think you have a bad set of calipers. Send them to me and I will see if I can get them straightened out for you. :D

stow

You know the fire is not going to help the calipers.

At this point I am beginning to think you are not going to ship them to me. And I went ahead and order some extra pads. :(

avizpls

#11-A
Try pushing fluid from the bottom up. Hopefully, your vac bleeder can be configured to contain fluid and use air pressure to push the fluid from the tools reservoir, thru the caliper bleed screw and into the MC.

seatec

stow;182271 wrote: You know the fire is not going to help the calipers.

At this point I am beginning to think you are not going to ship them to me. And I went ahead and order some extra pads. :(
I'm sorry if i mislead you. :dunno:

seatec

avizpls;182272 wrote: Try pushing fluid from the bottom up. Hopefully, your vac bleeder can be configured to contain fluid and use air pressure to push the fluid from the tools reservoir, thru the caliper bleed screw and into the MC.
I have a cheap myvac. don't think thats possible

Steamer

I have found in the past if you tie the brake lever down to the grip over night the air will bleed up through. Some time just flicking the brake lever will cause the sir to go past also.

avizpls

#11-A
Do you have a link to the type of vac you have? I bet it could work...

Whether you can do it with the tools you have or not, forcing fluid from the bottom up is a sure fire way to prime the system. (If its REAL bad you may need some thread sealer left on to dry in place on the loose bleed screwyou use)

Steve

I've had good results forcing the fluid up from the bottom by pushing the pistons into the calipers. When you say you filled the calipers with oil, I assume you meant brake fluid. If so, try tying the lever back, open the resevoir and push the pistons into the caliper.

seatec

Fixed it. When i bought the RCS it came with a billet rezzy. The rezzy has a rubber liner and it collapsed on itself. All better now