Brewski??

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Well, the night is winding down and the season is over (well, it was 70 degrees in Richmond today)....picked up a seasonal favorite at the local WholeFoods (that place rocks for microbrews)....

Anyways, enjoying a little Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra_Nevada_Celebration.jpg

Anyone else have some suggestions on a good microbrew?? seasonal or not...just a fan

Andymax

I just finished a case of Spaten Oktoberfest....EXCELLENT. And while not exactly "micro", I just bought a case of Sam Adams Winterfest...Pretty decent. I've not been a huge fan of Sam Adams, but this was really good.

Hazo

Fat Tire is really good .. haven't seen it locally ( mid atlantic ) but I have had it out west ( CO, UT, WY )

Greg

arhale09

Ah, Beer! It makes the off-season tolerable.

Allagash White is a fantastic Belgian White, it's what Blue Moon wants to be when it grows up. Allagash also makes a beer called Curieux which is aged in bourbon barrels for 2 months. Everything they do is great.

At the other end of the spectrum, Breckenridge Brewery makes a great Oatmeal Stout.

For IPA's, Bells Two Hearted is great (and strong) and Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute are great, but be sure to try Terrapin Rye Pale ale. Very interesting pale ale

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
HardenThicke;29511 wrote: Do they sell Boulevard Beer in your area? It's brewed in Kansas City and their wheat beer is excellent.
i do believe they did have some there....though...forgot which kind....

this round went to Boddington's (and another 6'er of Celebration)

jsin38

Abita's Turbodog. Great name for a great beer.

Failing that I stick with the good old macro-brew that is Old Milwaukee...don't knock it 'til you try it :)

Goose

Ill give you a word of caution DO NOT GET POCONO PALE ALE. Its tastes like they used water that was run oft some ones boot from the track. There is a bar down the road from me that has 30 some odd taps and like 600 different bottles from around the world. Needless to say I haven't completed my around the world journey yet.

rk97

Great Lakes Christmas Ale - definitely my favorite seasonal beer out there. it's delicious, and knocks you on your ass.

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/ - currently expanding! I was over there earlier this month and they bought the building next door.

Dortmunder Gold is their biggest seller year round, but I heard a rumor that they sell as much Christmas Ale in 3 months as an entire year of Dortmunder.

I also enjoy the Burning River, Holy Moses
(think blue moon, but more awesome), and Elliot Ness
. But they're all really good.

anyone who goes to BeaveRun or Nelson Ledges frequently, I usualy bring the great lakes "variety pack" with me. always willing to share or trade :D