Brian Johnson - Member #60

Mr.DJ

All,

The 2009 NESBA season ended with some significant challenges. The most devastating event was the near loss of not only a person I call a friend, but also a rare true natural leader. Through his physical strength, stellar mental capacity, and "Donkey" stubbornness, he beat the odds and exceeded medical professional's expectations. Once again proving he is exceptional at whatever captures his attention.

I joined the SE region as a member in 2005, during a Rider's Meeting; I immediately noticed something different from other track days. Although I could not place it right then, by the end of the weekend, I realized the professionalism, event "flow" and attention to detail started with the Director. The ability to communicate and demonstrate expectations whilst ensuring an enjoyable, safe environment is not an easy task. It was not until later that year when approached by Brian to take on a "more active" role, that I realized how easy it comes to him. I could have not asked for a better director mentor. Well, I could have, but one does not exist.

The SE region is truly exceptional in many ways. However, any way you look at it, how it got here is by the guidance of Brian Johnson. Since 2002, he led this region and NESBA to become the best in the market. There is no doubt in my mind without him; this region would have developed differently than what we have today.

"So, what's the deal, DJ? "Obviously, the reader is now wondering why I am posting this message about Brian's contributions. At this point, one would assume Brian is no longer with NESBA. Well, that is _NOT_ the case. Although, Brian is stepping down as the SE Director, he will continue to stay involved with NESBA and the SE region.

On behalf of Bob Blandford and myself, NESBA owes a debt to Brian which we can never repay. This debt only increases as his willingness to contribute continues.

Thank you, Brian!!! Thank you for everything you sacrificed in service to NESBA and staying on to consult to the leadership team. I'm keeping the door open for your return in any capacity you choose.

stow

It has been great seeing Brian at the track. He really is an inspiration. I hope he rides with us again soon. Best wishes to him and Katie.

After my first session with NESBA in 2005, Brian was the CR I pulled up next to for feedback. I still remember him making a wise crack about my 2004 Triumph Daytona. :D

Shane

vanbreezy

DJ i can say the same thing about Brian Johnson. Even though i live in the Mid-Atlantic region my first trackday was @ VIR south In 2006. I clearly remember Brian standing in front of us @ the riders meeting with his commanding presence. I have made the trip to ride in the south region on many occasions. I was @ VIR last yr when Brian and Pitzer had the incident and enlisted many of my co-workers and family in daily prayers for both of them. Dj I can also say i felt the same thing in 2007 @ Road Atlanta with you leading the riders meeting that day when Brian put you on the path to your growth within the nesba family. I'm so thankful for Brian recovery but have to say we are in good hands with you at the helm as well.

Folly1

Well said Austin.

This post by DJ and the events leading up to it stir so many deep emotions that words really do fail.

I am almost 30 years older than Brian. I would have never thought that I could have learned so much from a kid. The good news for me is that I don't have to miss him, as I live within 45 minutes of his house. We will be beering together soon. ( Thanks Cal ).

SE NESBA is in great hands. I have complete faith in those who are rowing the boat.

Take care my friends. I will hug Brian for you in the near future.

Ben.

vanbreezy

Thanks Ben meeting you was a pleasure as well. The good thing is i will be relocating to Atlanta in the very near future. I can't wait. My partner is already down there so waking up with her everyday is great thing but the southeast region 's tracks and people are a added bonus.:D:)

darren645

Brian

Thanks for making the SE region a blast over the years. I will miss your chef talents at upcoming events. Enjoy your family.

JRA

Brian even if you aren't actually present with us at the track your presence will still be there. All anyone has to do is just look around at the professionalism of the Southeast operation to see your years of hard work. I can honestly say that everyone is committed to upholding the high standards that you set so that when the day comes that you decide to return you can step back into the Director's role without skipping beat. We're definitely going to miss you but hopefully you will still occasionally drop in on us. I'll bring you the Sam Adams Summer Ale that I promised you and by that time you will be out of training.:D

asmooth600rr

I agree

:congrats:

If Brian had not drilled into us "never stop on the Track" I would have that day at VIR while finding a path through the wreckage. Hope to see Brian at an event soon.
You will do a good job DJ.

Harrison Tyner
A 95

dpullen

+1 to all of the above. Brian has been an inspiration over the years, and even more so in the last couple of years.

Don't be a stranger, my friend!

NoBull

I still hope to see you at a future event, Brian. Thanks for all the SE events you've put on so far!

Perlzuki

Over the years, Brian has DONATED endless weekends to make our tdays safe, fun & well organized. He has been a great leader for all who have been involved. Brian & Katie deserve some quality time together. I hope he can find some time to make it back every so often. Brian, thanks for all you have given to us & more importantly, thanks for being a good friend!

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000
07 BMW K1200 GT

jas0336

The first people I met from NESBA were DJ at a non NESBA venue and then Brian at Little Tally with NESBA (both in 08). I didn't know who either of them were when shaking hands with them the first time but they are the reason I ride with NESBA. Between DJ helping me through my first tech and Brian as my first CR, I was sold.
Since then, I've realized that their leadership, professionalism and love of our sport has trickled down to then entire group. I see it in John Allen as he's taken the assistant director's position and I see it in the CRs....the ones I've worked with as well as each of the new guys.
I look forward to NESBA days as much for seeing those faces as I do trying to sort out my ride.
Brian, you'll never know how much your contributions are felt and appreciated. Thank you for contributing your time and effort and thank you for instilling excellence into those around you.

To DJ, John and the CRs who worked with Brian...thanks for listening and "getting it"

meanstrk

Control Rider
Very well stated. Brian has done much to make my times enjoyable at and on the track, and I miss seeing him out there.