Bridgestone 003 race tire

JVance

I raced them all last year. Yes you can trust them. If you are running primarily with NESBA why wouldn't you buy the Pirelli's from them?

John
#607 A

lindr6

I bought a set from friend who also race them. There take off, just giving them a try. Do they even compare to the pirelli?

rotorblade

The 003 has a much better front than the 002. The rear has about the same level of grip but in my experience the 003 lasted much longer than the 002. In my experience they (the 003s) have very, very similar characteristics as the Pirelli SuperCorsa As far as being able to trust them, any sticky rubber (DOT race tire) has way more potential than most people realize. For the money you might want to consider running the DC3s; they're cheaper, last longer, warm up quicker, and can handle a surprisingly fast pace... just throwing it out there.

Booty Freak

003's are the shiznuts !! Plus stickboy ain't too bad of a tire
guy. Buy ten sets & you get a really good discount too. You can never have
too many DOT's in the closet. Tires are probably one the single most important
tools for the track & I will never run anything less than DOT's. Trust me, I learned
the hard way.

snikwad

Yo, Ira brad said the rear is about the same as the pirellis, but the front is even better. turn in wide.

i think we're gonna have to get dude to lock us in on a better price. what do you think.

Rick Johnson

rotorblade;35758 wrote: The 003 has a much better front than the 002. The rear has about the same level of grip but in my experience the 003 lasted much longer than the 002. In my experience they (the 003s) have very, very similar characteristics as the Pirelli SuperCorsa As far as being able to trust them, any sticky rubber (DOT race tire) has way more potential than most people realize. For the money you might want to consider running the DC3s; they're cheaper, last longer, warm up quicker, and can handle a surprisingly fast pace... just throwing it out there.
He said the 003 front is better than the 002 front not the pirelli front.

snikwad

I re-read what Brad said, and I think he meant the pirelli front has slightly better turn in than the 003s.

Again guys, these are take offs, so price cannot be compared, not even a set of C3's can be had this cheap brand new. I've bee street riding with takeoffs for years, and did all of last season on take offs. I got all of em from the same guy, and Ira was planning on running them this year, but with the AMA spec tire rule, my supplier has switched to Dunlops, and he nor I are enthusiastic about it, but we've both heard wonderful things about dunlops new N-spec. So he's thinking of running those. He didn't go to daytona so he's yet to gimme a review on them. Ira then contavted another local cat and got the 003s, hence the thread. He ran DC3s all last season, but we're looking to cut costs this season. Less money on tires leaves more money for other sh1t. So...

I'd really prefer to continue to get my takeoffs from my supplier, since I'm used to his scrubs and I know he takes em off after about 4-5 cycles...
The thought of riding dunlops is a bit intimidating, but if he likes em, then I know my slow ass will, so we'll see come the RA round of AMA, or I may try these 003 also.

kd83

Ran the 003's at CMP and loved them, traction all day long never slipped or was unstable at anytime. If i could get them a little cheaper i would run them all the time.

lindr6

Well I will be mounting the 003 this weekend. I like what I am reading on them thanks for your comments makes me feel more confident in them.

Sklossmonster

I used to ride and race on Pirellis. I now ride and race on Bridgestones. The Bridgestones are every bit as good if not better than the Pirellis. They cost considerably less right now due to the fact they are the only major tire manufacturer from Japan, where the Yen is getting killed even worse than the Dollar compared to the Euro, where all the other good tires come from.

You should expect to lower you front end 2-4mm to compensate for the stiffer carcass of the Bridgestone front. The tire diameters are extremely similar, but the flex in the front effectively lowers your front end under heavy braking.

And FYI, if you think the DOT is a great tire, you should try the slicks :D

noobinacan

I'm gonna order a set soon..BT-003RS.
cause I commute on my bike as well.

and the regular BT-003's don't warm up quick enough for street use.

Sklossmonster

I'm gonna order a set soon..BT-003RS.
cause I commute on my bike as well.
Be extra careful in the rain on those. They're a more directly derived from a DOT race tire than most other street/track tires on the market, one of the aspects that make them such a good track tire also makes them a poor choice for the rain (like any good DOT race tire, they suck in the rain).

ridelater

i ran them last yr. two of the 10 pair i had delamadated and bridgestone replaced one set stickboy didnt return my calls on the second set. ran jst as good as pirelli but wore faster. i will be going back to the pirelli's

paul0812

Stones

So the BT 003 r/s is just as good as a Pirelli Supercorsa Pro ?

Or should I get the 003 race only version ?

Please advise

Thanks

trickyricky

I was introduced to Bridgestone products when living in Japan, never looked back since. Was never fast enough for the slicks, the BT-002 were phenomenal, I ordered the 003 last night, for the price it seems like I'll be a Bridgestone rider for some more time to come :cool:

003 RS is the version I'm going with, I'm not using tire warmers and they get to temp easily.