Bridgestone 003 race tire

Tony A

paul0812;103748 wrote: So the BT 003 r/s is just as good as a Pirelli Supercorsa Pro ?

Or should I get the 003 race only version ?

Please advise

Thanks
not the expert
but the r/s is the street/track offering. I have run this tire for track days and it holds up well.
I have raced the 003 DOT race and those are a good tire also.

So depending on your pace and group, i would for the money run the rs

Sklossmonster

The Pirelli Super Corsa Pro is a full on DOT race tire, it's just the previous generation DOT race tire that preceded the Diablo Super Corsa, so it wants you to use tire warmers like any other true race tire.

The BT003 "RS" is a hybrid "race/street" tire, similar to Pirelli's Diablo Corsa III, Michelin's Pilot Power, or Dunlop's Qualifier, none of which require tire warmers.

I don't consider myself an expert, but I know a lot more about this stuff than most people, as I am not only a rider, racer, and instructor, but also a tire vendor as well, for whatever that's worth.

paul0812

BT

Ok, so with that being said Marshall should I go for the BT r/s or the 003 race? I run intermediate to advance with most clubs and i plan on doing a few CCS races this year.

I have used mich pp, bt 021, DCiii and I really like the carcass of the BT thats why i am thinking of going back to them. I get a really good feel out the stones. i have a 900ss and bt 021 which glue to the surface. i will use either the r/s or 003 on my 748S (track only) ohlins rear, sprung for my weight and i just had the fork oil done & fork seals replaced... man i am jonesing to race ! :)

TIA

trickyricky

Sklossmonster;103758 wrote: The Pirelli Super Corsa Pro is a full on DOT race tire, it's just the previous generation DOT race tire that preceded the Diablo Super Corsa, so it wants you to use tire warmers like any other true race tire.

The BT003 "RS" is a hybrid "race/street" tire, similar to Pirelli's Diablo Corsa III, Michelin's Pilot Power, or Dunlop's Qualifier, none of which require tire warmers.

I don't consider myself an expert, but I know a lot more about this stuff than most people, as I am not only a rider, racer, and instructor, but also a tire vendor as well, for whatever that's worth.
Couldn't agree with you more; Do you have the 003rs for sale?

Nexus

Marshall,

I know we've emailed back and forth a bit and Turn One Racing has been great for information!!!

So the DC3 and BT003RS are similar, but the BT003RS are more track focused then the DC3 if I understand you correctly. So many people are DC3 fans and I can't find a ton of information on the 003RS.

I'm sure at the Beginner level all my debating about which tires to run really doesn't even matter. In the end I probably couldn't tell the difference between one brand to the next at Sub-B level speeds LOL

trickyricky

I went to that site before, thanks for the link though. Are those the "at the track" prices as well? Excuse my ignorance, it's been years since I've done a track day in the US.

ERB68

trickyricky;103797 wrote: I went to that site before, thanks for the link though. Are those the "at the track" prices as well? Excuse my ignorance, it's been years since I've done a track day in the US.
No worries.

I see Marshall and co. at many events. They are very good/helpful. Your best bet would be to call or email Marshall with any questions. They are very good to deal with.

noobinacan

Nexus;103783 wrote: Marshall,

I know we've emailed back and forth a bit and Turn One Racing has been great for information!!!

So the DC3 and BT003RS are similar, but the BT003RS are more track focused then the DC3 if I understand you correctly. So many people are DC3 fans and I can't find a ton of information on the 003RS.

I'm sure at the Beginner level all my debating about which tires to run really doesn't even matter. In the end I probably couldn't tell the difference between one brand to the next at Sub-B level speeds LOL
BT-003RS = Racing + street oriented as they warm up quicker
BT-003 = Tire Warmers are highly recommended to get them up to temp. Not recommended for street riding

Landshark

Control Rider
FWIW-- I ran the Q2s at Road Atlanta and they preformed very well. So if your looking for a decent street tire that can do track duty you may want to give Parts@Nesba.com a call or e-mail since he can have these for you track side.

Sklossmonster

Thanks for the props from those who know us and how we do business. Email and cel phones are both great ways to contact us.

One point that needs to be made in this conversation is the value of working with your trackside vendor. Your trackside vendor spends a lot of time and money to be there at the track with you. A good trackside vendor will have good information about set up concerns, appropriate pressures to run based on the conditions, and in NESBA your trackside vendor will mount and balance the tires you bought for no extra charge, whether it's Moon, Leslie, Turn One Racing, Lithium Motorsports, or the Northwest vendor who I don't know personally.

Anyway, my point is you can run whatever tire you want, but to make the most our of your track experience it's worth checking out your trackside vendor first because they should be at your events and they should be extrememly knowledgable.

Turn One Racing is of course, here to help, especially since we're all NESBA homegrown riders, CR's, and racers, but I don't want to step on Chris or Derek's toes anymore than they want me or Rob stepping on theirs.

Man, I need to ride soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this talk about tires is making my crazy.

trickyricky

Good to know. Can't wait to start it all. So, unless we buy for the track-side vendor, we can't get set up advise? Not trying to be difficult, just making sure I don't step on anybody's toes neither.

JRA

trickyricky;103916 wrote: Good to know. Can't wait to start it all. So, unless we buy for the track-side vendor, we can't get set up advise? Not trying to be difficult, just making sure I don't step on anybody's toes neither.
I'm sure that's not what Marshall meant. I'd be willing to bet that Marshall will give you you all the advice you can possibly stand in hopes that he can earn your business next time. Just post up your questions here.

I think what he was really saying is that he/we (NESBA Vendors) will be at the track with products, and knowledge on how best to use those products, in an effort to support all NESBA members needs at every event. That doesn't mean we won't try and support you with knowledge away from the track...even if you bought the product somewhere else.

One thing to keep in mind is that by supporting Marshall, Rob, Derek,and Moon you are helping to ensure that they will be at the track when you need them most. Plus their prices are competitive with any online, and they are fellow NESBA members who share your passion.

Landshark

Control Rider
trickyricky;103916 wrote: Good to know. Can't wait to start it all. So, unless we buy for the track-side vendor, we can't get set up advise? Not trying to be difficult, just making sure I don't step on anybody's toes neither.
I have great deal of experience with the race version and some with the street. If I'm around you should feel free to hit me up.

Sklossmonster

I'm sure that's not what Marshall meant. I'd be willing to bet that Marshall will give you you all the advice you can possibly stand in hopes that he can earn your business next time. Just post up your questions here.

I think what he was really saying is that he/we (NESBA Vendors) will be at the track with products, and knowledge on how best to use those products, in an effort to support all NESBA members needs at every event. That doesn't mean we won't try and support you with knowledge away from the track...even if you bought the product somewhere else.

One thing to keep in mind is that by supporting Marshall, Rob, Derek,and Moon you are helping to ensure that they will be at the track when you need them most. Plus their prices are competitive with any online, and they are fellow NESBA members who share your passion.
Couldn't have said it better myself.