Bump requirements

Discussion in 'N2 Paddock Section' started by breezie, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Backmarker

Backmarker Control Rider

We’re you at NJMP this past weekend???

2. Slitherin

Slitherin Control Rider Director

Good to know. To be fair I did say "don't quote me on it"......lol. Whenever I had someone ask for a different class back then I just sent them to you. I guess payback is a bitch.

3. Dave561

Dave561 Control Rider

Hahhaaa. Yes it is. :D

4. breezie

breezie Member

No
    I was not. I was at cmp.

5. Toolnround

Toolnround New Member

Good information from the CR’s. Having done my first day (with NESBA) back in 2010 I just wanted to learn how to ride better. I went out with a few different CRs over the course of my first three track days and learned a TON, just from following and being chased.

Long story short, I dabbled with a few different orgs (riding with the org who had the dates to fit my schedule) and within 12 total track days I went from a first time track guy, to the advanced group......and each bump was TOTALLY unexpected. Funny thing is....it took me 8 days to move from Novice to Intermediate but only 4 more to move to Advanced....which tells me, I had the speed, just not the confidence of the CRs. The only time I lined up at the front of the left lane was when a CR instructed me to do so....and the feeling of accomplishment, when getting a bump, was much greater.

6. Kruizen

Kruizen Control Rider

Some of the most fun track days I had were toward the end of my time in intermediate, I would wait for everyone to go out and then see how far I could work up thru traffic, got pulled off at the end of that VIR weekend and was bumped to A.

Otto Man, TimTheAsian and Lenny ZX9R like this.
  7. tdelegram

tdelegram Control Rider

Being the fast guy in Intermediate was so much fun, I remember saying no to a bump discussion because I was having too much fun, next weekend I went out Lenny didn’t know no meant no and my ego was crushed.

Lenny ZX9R and Kruizen like this.
  8. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Member

Did it happen to be raining that day you first went out in A group?....

Otto Man and tdelegram like this.