Cal Crutchlow is DEFINITELY Going to Ducati

worldrider929

It's Finally Official

I have mixed feelings about this move.

Crutchlow is definitely one of the most underrated guys in the MotoGP paddock - clearly he deserves a factory ride.

However, I don't know if Ducati was the answer after Rossi and Dovisioso's experience (and Hayden is not backmarker at all).

The money and marketing are superb with Ducati but ultimately I want to see this guy on the podium.

On the other hand, I believe that Audi will turn the program around . . . with time. I just hope that Cal has chosen the right time. :notsure:

What say you?

Psychoholic

I think it's an awful idea. He's just now getting to the point where he's in the top-top echelon and if that bike can't win with Rossi on it, I don't see anybody else putting that thing on the podium either. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it working out.

Luggageboy

Ducati needs a complete overhaul of the bike. Stoner was the only guy who could make that thing go fast and hes "gone fishing". I know that Audi (owned by volkswagen) now owns Ducati but they will have a tremendous amount of work to do to design a new chassis and motor to start placing on the podium by next season start. I'm really interested in how EsP is going to do in that Yamaha seat. I still think that it will be Honda and Yamaha fighting for podium spots next year.

Most manufacturers design and tune the bike around the rider. Stoner was able to adjust his riding to the bike, which is why I believe he could put the ducati on the podium. Until talent like that comes around again, the team is going to have to design around Crutchlow.

espacef1fan

Best of luck to him... I dont think it will hurt his career though. He has made quite the name for himself on his current ride. Also if he is as consistent as the current Ducati riders when it comes time to change it up to a new ride, he will have a good record to land a nice ride. In any case he makes more money than me and has more fun.

gblack

I can't see anything good coming from this for Crutchlow. Rossi said Ducatti just doesn't make changes as fast as they need to so that they can be competitive. So is Hayden going to WSBK? Isn't Suzuki making a comeback in 2014? I wonder who they will pick up.

bacolmm

Crutchlow will finish 2014 behind the Tech 3 Yamaha's and the Gresini Honda. He's an awesome rider, but the Ducati is trash. Hayden and Dovi are great riders and they are regularly getting beaten by an Aprilia RSV4 (Espargaro's CRT).

Sounds like Hayden is going to Pata Honda to ride WSBK. I hope they give him a competitive bike, and he can fight for wins!

pickpocket293

What I don't understand is why Cal didn't sign a ONE year deal with Ducati, so when his contract is up he's on the same contract period as everybody else..

worldrider929

pickpocket293;283335 wrote: What I don't understand is why Cal didn't sign a ONE year deal with Ducati, so when his contract is up he's on the same contract period as everybody else..
+1 Rossi will likely not be on the Factory Yamaha in 2015 (unless he picks up the pace) leaving the door open for a replacement.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I don't think Crutchlow cares much about anything but getting a ride that pays him what he deserves. There are only six true Factory supported bikes, so he took the only slot that was open.

I hope Hayden goes to WSBK and wins a title....don't know if anyone else has a MotoGP and WSBK championship in their trophy case. Maybe Ducati moves him to their WSBK supported effort....Checa's struggling mightily this year.

busa99

Wow. Just hearing this. Happy for Cruthclow. He deserves a factory ride but its bitter sweet that its Ducati