California Superbike School @ VIR in May

warregl

I just signed up for the 2 day camp with California Superbike School at VIR on May 18-19 and was wondering if anyone else here is planning to attend?

I did levels 1 & 2 last year in two one-day sessions and I figured the additional coaching that comes with the two day camp was probably warranted. I'll post up a review afterward in case anyone is interested.

Ride safe,
Carey

Blinky

I want to do the camp but too much coin so i will have to stick with the regular class.

slowpoke

warregl;171253 wrote: I just signed up for the 2 day camp with California Superbike School at VIR on May 18-19 and was wondering if anyone else here is planning to attend?

I did levels 1 & 2 last year in two one-day sessions and I figured the additional coaching that comes with the two day camp was probably warranted. I'll post up a review afterward in case anyone is interested.

Ride safe,
Carey
If you plan on writing a review, you should contact Kubricky since he'd like to have a review of 2 day camp for the bellypan.com

betarace

I find that 2 one day schools is cheaper than one 2 day camp. Doing level 4 2x at barber in June. Looking forward to the BMW. Level 4 is where the smart money is, a custom curriculum for you. This will be my 4th and 5th level 4, did it last time at Laguna

warregl

I thought about taking a trip out west and doing another track like Laguna or Streets of Willow but the travel really made it an expensive proposition. As for the 1 day vs 2 day, the 1 day is more cost effective and may be the way to go, but I'm hoping that the lower student to coach ratio will help me. I am very new to track riding, with my only track time coming when I did levels 1 & 2 last year so I need all the one on one coaching I can get.

I guess I will have to let you know.

betarace

on the ratio, I have never had a ratio higher than 3:1 in the 1 day, and have had a few 2:1s. If you liked an instructor from a prior level, send them an email the week prior to class, I am sure they will try to accommodate you. Then I do my schools, having continuity of instructors day/day and level/level is most helpful.

Additionally, some folks complain about the "socratic method" of instruction (guiding a student to the answer by asking questions). Should you not prefer that, just ask your instructor in the AM. I have had instructors give some blunt, biting and honest feedback to work on over the day. The more you are pushed (if you are non-socratic like me), the more you may learn.

^^^^

A big +1!

If you want direct feedback, tell your coach! They'll straight up tell you why you suck if you need to hear that info. to improve.

BZ

TDA

All of their instructors are quite good. I did all 4 levels last year and benefited from them all. I'm going to do a couple of level 4s this year. a couple of the techniques I really want to focus on. You'll have a blast. Enjoy it!!!!

stow

I am planning to be there for Level 3 and Level 4 in May. I haven't been to VIR in 3 or so years so I am looking forward to riding that track again. I may back it up with 2 Level 4 classes at Barber in June also.

Blinky

Im going to try and do the Monday course Shane. Not sure if I can get the second day but hope to go and see you there.

jcrich

Bubba Zanetti;171460 wrote: ^^^^

They'll straight up tell you why you suck if you need to hear that info. to improve.

BZ
But I already know this why would I pay to hear it from someone else? :D

stow

jcrich;171517 wrote: But I already know this why would I pay to hear it from someone else? :D
You just know you suck, but it is so bad you have no idea why. :D Well, that is why I am going back to the school.

betarace

Rydell;171505 wrote: Just out of curiousity, does Keith Code come out with his schools?

Indeed he does, he teaches prob 80-90% of the material at the whiteboard and does make the odd on-track appearance. Catching him in the AM over breakfast, between sessions or at lunch/afterwards is also very helpful. He is 100% available and accessible.

Gorecki

I expected to do 1 & 2 at NJ last year and it all went up in flames, so hopefully this year I'll get there.

Enjoy and do tell, If you haven't read 'twist of the wrist II', make a point of it before you go. It'll help you understand *where they're coming from* and what they expect.

Gorecki;171542 wrote: Enjoy and do tell, If you haven't read 'twist of the wrist II', make a point of it before you go. It'll help you understand *where they're coming from* and what they expect.
+1 Nick Ienastch's book is pretty righteous too. Twist of the Wrist first video put me to sleep though. i wish it had taken the "look idiot, just do this and everything will be cool.