Camping charge at CMP

jwardr6

We were charged to camp at CMP this weekend for the first time ever and were not notified of this change before arriving. Why are all these fees suddenly being charged to us?

cbr_600rr_freak

Ask NESBA SE director John Allen. He Should have on a blue Yamaha NESBA shirt on with a bright orange Control riders hat. He Runs the show!

jwardr6

Yeah that was actually the first thing I did, but thanks for the advice. Since they provided no answers I thought I would ask as well as find out if this was happening everywhere else too and was becoming a standard for NESBA.:saythat:

jcrich

Camping fees are not controlled by NESBA, that comes from the track. I will be interested to see what John says on the subject.

jwardr6

bmart;253188 said:
Out of curiosity, what other fees are you referring to in your "
Just speaking generally about the camping and power fees since this was the first time we had been charged here even though we have never before.

Meat

jcrich;253132 wrote: Camping fees are not controlled by NESBA, that comes from the track. I will be interested to see what John says on the subject.
That surprises me. Seems like nesba would control the added fees to their members in the contract for the track. Otherwise it would seem that tracks weren't charging camping fees for nesba riders because nesbians are so sexy and still charging other track org's because they weren't. I'm fine with that.

JRA

Jan, the only thing I recall you asking me about all weekend was if you could give your spot to somebody else which I gladly helped you out with. Remember? You posted this question on the message board on Saturday, and that's the same day I spent fifteen minutes with you in the morning switching you spot to the other rider, so I don't understand why you didn't ask me then. You were standing only three feet away from me.

If you had asked me about it I would have told you the answer. The answer is that CMP has a tiered pricing system for the track rental. Beginning on September 1st they charge us a extra $1000 for the track rental and another $15 for every single rider each day. The reason they do this...it's because it's no longer August 31st or earlier. That's the way it now works at CMP now, beginning on September 1 our price for running the event goes way up. Notice our price for the event didn't go up? It's still $150 just like it was in July.

During this conversation I would have also told you that when we are looking at a track, what it costs to rent, and what we can reasonably charge each member to ride there, we have to consider how we can ensure that we break even on the deal. We aren't in this to make money but we can't keep the club running if we lose money on a regular basis. Free camping is a perk that the majority of people don't use since they don't stay at the track. Also, if you need a 30 amp hookup at that track they charge you the same thing anyway, so many of the people who do camp in RV's aren't getting the free camping perk anyway.

I would first invite you to take a look at what other organizations charge to ride at CMP (turn 1 doesn't count because those days are run by the track and they don't have to pay themselves extra for each rider, or pay extra for the track just because it's past some arbitrary date; they own the place so the track rental is free). The I would ask you to consider what you feel the best course of action for us to take is.

If we raise the price by $15 per rider it's still costing us more to run the day than it did in July because the track rental is $1000 more. If we raise the price by $25 a rider and match what other organizations are charging we can provide free camping if we have approximately the same number of riders.

It boils down to this. We could charge you ten dollars to get in, $175 for each day to ride, and always give you free camping assuming anybody would show up at those prices. That would bring us in line with what other organizations charge. Or we can do our very best to keep the cost reasonable and unchanged (I think $150 is very reasonable BTW), and let the track charge only those who are camping $15 a day for tent or trailer camping, the people who are staying in RV's and need 30 amp power pay the same price they have always paid, and the people who are staying at home or in a hotel get charged nothing extra.

I know this is long and you might not even take the time to read it. Really it would have been much quicker for me to have explained it to you on Saturday morning when we had the chance, but I wanted to explain the thought process. The NESBA organization is committed to providing our members the most track days, at the most tracks, for the lowest prices we can, while doing our very best to ensure that we never have to cancel an event. Not all other organizations are committed to their members in this same way. In a nut shell we are doing our best to give you the most we can for the least price we can. That's not to say that paying for camping is going to be the norm from here on out, but we have to cover our costs.

JRA

Meat;253262 wrote: That surprises me. Seems like nesba would control the added fees to their members in the contract for the track. Otherwise it would seem that tracks weren't charging camping fees for nesba riders because nesbians are so sexy and still charging other track org's because they weren't. I'm fine with that.
Meat, see above. Camping is an extra fee per day charged by the track. It's not cheap.

Meat

JRA;253266 wrote: Meat, see above. Camping is an extra fee per day charged by the track. It's not cheap.
That is more the way I assumed it worked. Nesba paid the extra fees for us.

I understand and appreciate the openness with regard to the pricing, but I honestly wasn't bitching about the added fees.

JRA

Meat;253271 wrote: That is more the way I assumed it worked. Nesba paid the extra fees for us.

I understand and appreciate the openness with regard to the pricing, but I honestly wasn't bitching about the added fees.
I know you weren't because I know you would have already asked me if it bothered you.

I don't mind trying to provide the answers as long as I'm asked the questions to begin with. The implication was made that the question was asked and no answer was given.

jwardr6

John I appreciate the response and you know that I always voice my concerns. I did ask Pitzer that night when we got there and the response I was given was welcome to the real world. I am not complaining about the fee just the lack of notice and was just wondering if this was something that we needed to plan for at other tracks as well including those that are not in the south east.