Camping fee at different tracks

JohnS

Can we get either a sticky or information posted about camping fees?

The reason being, I have always been told that NESBA members do not pay camping fees. I have only paid once at beav, and that was because I was tired of arguing with the gate person but I see posts that the fee is $10 at beav and NJMSP tried to get me for $75.

Also at the beav this past weekend the guard came up to me sat night and said you sure you guys don’t pay camping, someone just came in and insisted on paying, said he always pays. Was not my $10 but I would hate to see people paying if they are not supposed to.

John

JGardy_781

JohnS;49345 wrote: Can we get either a sticky or information posted about camping fees?

The reason being, I have always been told that NESBA members do not pay camping fees. I have only paid once at beav, and that was because I was tired of arguing with the gate person but I see posts that the fee is $10 at beav and NJMSP tried to get me for $75.

Also at the beav this past weekend the guard came up to me sat night and said you sure you guys don’t pay camping, someone just came in and insisted on paying, said he always pays. Was not my $10 but I would hate to see people paying if they are not supposed to.

John
Participants and guests don't have to pay gate fees the day of the event (which is a listed member perk), but I've never heard that we're not liable for camping fees if a track so chooses to charge them (I don't see it in the list of benefits). Of the tracks I've been to, I've only had to pay camping fees at VIR before...

It would be helpful to know if there is a camping fee, though - if I was asked to pay $75 to sleep in the dirt at NJMP, I'd probably just go get a bed in a hotel for a bit more...

/j

rk97

I thought i read recently that Beave was the exception to the 'free camping' rule. I paid $10 all last year (with multiple orgs) at BeaveRun. Not sure what Beave is charging for though... maybe to clean the bathrooms? it's not like they have power available.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
$10 at Beav and NJMP. Heard it was $75 for RVs at NJMP, but can't confirm since I don't have one. At that point you may as well get a room at $85

RyanITV

Admin
I paid $35 for power the RV for the weekend at NJMP; I think it depends on who you ask at the gate. NJMP is like that - regardless of who is running the event.

Ryan

ThePro8

Here is some info on wid-west track.
Blackhawk Farms - Free
Road America - $$ I think it's $25 a night, not sure
Putnam Park - No Camping, Camping is at Cloverdale RV Park and i think its $12 a night
Gingerman - Free

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
slow_honda;49402 wrote: $10 at Beav and NJMP. Heard it was $75 for RVs at NJMP, but can't confirm since I don't have one. At that point you may as well get a room at $85
Is that 10 bucks per night, or just 10 bucks for the weekend, or however long the event is?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Not actually sure since they didn't ask me if I was camping. I didn't have to pay. The old guy at the gate was kinda talkative and never asked.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
slow_honda;49430 wrote: Not actually sure since they didn't ask me if I was camping. I didn't have to pay. The old guy at the gate was kinda talkative and never asked.
:D Note to self: Don't volunteer information!

ridelater

its 10 bucks per day, but i always said i was there just for the night and thy never came around again to ask. this has always happen ever time i went there

ThePro8

ridelater;49423 wrote: +1 on it being a sticky. hell with the cost of td it should be free.
+1 I agree. these tracks (not nesba) charge so much to rent out their facilities, they should all waive camping fees.

Motomoon

Ultimately it is up to the track on the fee they charge you to camp. Some tracks have a lil work on their end to get this figured out and consistant. Trust me we are working on them.

NESBA doesn't pay your camping fees. NESBA pays for your ABILITY to be able to camp. If we don't pay extra per day for them to keep security on site/gates open then they will keep everyone out of the track and close the gates.

The varying fees is frustrating. If we can get the track to sort themselve out and get a rate up we will work on it.

13motoman

So can anybody tell me what the price will be to bring a camper to Road America for June 9th and 10th?? That would be hoping that we can get in on Tues night and be set up for Wed morning. I called Road America and they said to ask NESBA. I searched some threads but didn't come up with an answer.