Can I do a solo track walk?

geckert

Are we allowed to walk the tracks on our own, maybe in the morning before tech inspection? Ive read threads about more "track walks" like at SED's but never saw anything about someone going out on their own. Can we do that at a NESBA TD?

Jiggy

Control Rider
I've personally never tried a track walk the morning of an event. I can only speak for track walks the evening before or the evening following an event. NJMP -both Lightning and Thunderbolt are pretty strict about track walks. I've never attempted a walk, nor do I recall seeing people out there after a NJMP event. I have however walked Summit- Main/Jefferson and BeaveRun numerous times in the evening. I usually carry a 6pack if I walk the course, I only take 4 beverages if I am on a bicycle. Just remember to bring cans, no glass please.

Steve

NJMP -both Lightning and Thunderbolt are pretty strict about track walks.
:agree: I almost made it to turn 2 my first time there (and I was on a bicycle) before park security rounded me up with their jeeps. Barber is the only other track I know of that doesn't allow it.

I'm pretty sure you can walk the track in the am, just be sure you leave time for everything else you have to do in the am.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Get there the night before and walk the track before the sun goes down.

jsin38

I see you're on for Summit next weekend. Last time I was there I heard the morning call to help Airfence Andy finish setting up some sections of Airfence. Not a lot of work but you get a slow ride around the track in Andy's truck. That gives you a chance to check out references, entry and exit points, etc.

Oh, and I believe it's good karma. At least, that is the closest I ever hope to come to the stuff.